Biometrics/fingerprinting

Yooklid

Registered Users (C)
I have an appointment for 10am on Wednesday. Any good leads on how long it actually takes? I am in SF

-Y

I have an appointment for 10am on Wednesday. Any good leads on how long it actually takes? I am in SF

-Y

I don't know personally but I've heard that it's a matter of 10 minutes once you are in the building.

I noticed something interesting about your time line. Your I485 was received in October and you are a EB3. How is that possible? You should have filed it in June-Aug no? Is Oct the month you received the receipts back?

Once they call your number it takes about 10 minutes, but you may have to wait as much as an hour first if there are many other people lined up.

FP/Biometrics on saturday?

I got FP appointment on Nov 17th, which is a Saturday. This being a government office, I was surprised to get an appointment for Saturday. Is this normal? or should I call up USCIS to confirm that it is actually on Nov 17th Saturday?

If anyone has done FP on a saturday, please share your experience.

Thanks!

I noticed something interesting about your time line. Your I485 was received in October and you are a EB3. How is that possible? You should have filed it in June-Aug no? Is Oct the month you received the receipts back?

Yeah, that's what I got. Actually, the paper work stated that they received the paper work on that date. All communication that I've received from them to date has been very confusing.

-Y

we had our FP appointment on Oct'30 2pm and we got there 1.45pm and it took 10 minutes to complete and we got out 2pm.

So if there is no lineup people, it shouldn't take over 10 minutes to complete.

Well I just thought that I'd add that my ordeal took quite a bit longer than 5 minutes - closer to 1 hr actually. Most of it was waiting, even though I got there at 9:50 (appt was at 10). Still glad to be over and done with. Now I'll be waiting for 2/3 years just like everyone else. Woo.

Sorry for the dummmmm question..

I received the EAD and looks like I have received a Biometrics on 11/02/2007. Since I was on travel, I just saw the notice today ?

What do I do and what is the procedure .

Also does biometrics mean fingerprinting ? Or is it different ?

Sorry for the dummmmm question..

I received the EAD and looks like I have received a Biometrics on 11/02/2007. Since I was on travel, I just saw the notice today ?

What do I do and what is the procedure .

Also does biometrics mean fingerprinting ? Or is it different ?

AFAIK, biometrics is fingerprinting.

Was your appointment on 11/02? If so you have 2 options.
1) you can walk into the office that is given on the notice and explain to them why/how you missed the appointment. More than often, you would be allowed to take your fingerprints right then - of course depends on number of people waiting for fingerprinting on that given day.
2) On the other hand, if the office is too far away from your place and you believe trip a pure waste of time without fingerprinting, you may be good calling them before hand to re-schedule the appointment.

Advance walk-in not accepted in Dallas

Just as a FYI, I'll post this in the I-485/Fingerprinting thread also. I received our Biometrics notice yesterday evening for Dec 05. However since I will be flying out of the country next week, and do not return until the new year, we decided to try a walk-in today. I had a read a few folks having successfully done advance walk-ins prior to their scheduled dates. This was at the Dallas office [3701Northwest Hwy - Village at Bachman lake, 75220].

Unfortunately our walk-in was not accepted and I was given 2 options: either to reschedule by mailing in the original notices or to show up on any Wednesday or Saturday afternoon (2pm onwards) and they would consider our request. I was told the biometrics notice is valid for upto 3 months.

I have however decided to mail-in the notices and reschedule our fingerprints so that I have something in writing. Not worth driving all the way down there without any confirmation. Just wanted to share.

Jawad