Biometrics Experience

Jimmykaler

Registered Users (C)
ok guys, just got back from biometrics. The whole process was short and sweet. Took only ten minutes. They took picture and finger print. In my case they ask for driver license and EAD card (two form of identification). They stamp my fingerprint notification and said that don't loose it as this is the proof that biometrics are done. Another thing I want to mention here is that they have hired some HOT & polite girls;).

I also noticed there that my EAD is expiring AGAIN. Do we still need to apply for a new EAD. There was this news few months ago that we do not have to renew every year now. Please share if anyone has recent experience with that. Since the expiry date on my EAD is coming i must need another one with a new date.

Jimmykaler said:
ok guys, just got back from biometrics. The whole process was short and sweet. Took only ten minutes. They took picture and finger print. In my case they ask for driver license and EAD card (two form of identification). They stamp my fingerprint notification and said that don't loose it as this is the proof that biometrics are done. Another thing I want to mention here is that they have hired some HOT & polite girls;).

I also noticed there that my EAD is expiring AGAIN. Do we still need to apply for a new EAD. There was this news few months ago that we do not have to renew every year now. Please share if anyone has recent experience with that. Since the expiry date on my EAD is coming i must need another one with a new date.

It has been like four years since asylees were not require to have EADs.

How about if EAD expired?

I have biometric appointment on this friday. I"m wondering if I can use other form of identification for biometric appointment besides my country passport if my EAD is already expired? anyone can answer this?

I did biometric this morning too. I was late but they still gave plenty of smiles. The whole procedure took about 2 minutes. no waiting.

I just told them that I only have DL, no EAD. They took it without further questioning.

I asked them a few questions, they answered politely and patiently. They said that code 2 biometric is "picture + right index FP" and in I485 application, these are "for your actual card".

-------------------
ND RD Sep 2000
RFI 03/07/2005
biometrics 04/05/2005

Last edited by a moderator:
You Guys Are Lucky

I waited for about 4 hours, out of which 3 hours standing in line in front of the application support center (yes, so many people and not enough space inside). Finger printing (+ picture taking and signing) took about 2 minutes.My "appointment" was at 12:00 but I showed up around 11:15. Good for me, because 30 minutes after I arrived, they started to send people back (after rescheduling them for another day). That must have sucked for those poor fellows.

kenryu said:
I have biometric appointment on this friday. I"m wondering if I can use other form of identification for biometric appointment besides my country passport if my EAD is already expired? anyone can answer this?

I took my drivers licence only and it was fine. So you should be ok. Of course you should have appointment letter with you.

I just did mine too

I just did my biometrics.

he just took my index fing. and took a pic and my signature and told me , you will get your card in the mail, but not sure when exactly. He was really really nice , took my jacket off and hanged it for me. I am really schoked on how they changed thier treatment. I got there and there was no one waiting and yes, NO ONE WAITING. I used to wait for hrs and have room full of people and lines...not this time, the other guy was timing the biometric process, it took 3.5 min. He said they wanted to go down to 3 min...and then he asked me how was hs service and if I was pleased with him today and his service...I told him thank you very much and he gave me a card to evaluate his service and any suggestion....This is in Cincinnati, Ohio.....Did they really do that with all the offices? I am really impressed. :eek: :p

Ohio Asylee said:
I just did my biometrics.

he just took my index fing. and took a pic and my signature and told me , you will get your card in the mail, but not sure when exactly. He was really really nice , took my jacket off and hanged it for me. I am really schoked on how they changed thier treatment. I got there and there was no one waiting and yes, NO ONE WAITING. I used to wait for hrs and have room full of people and lines...not this time, the other guy was timing the biometric process, it took 3.5 min. He said they wanted to go down to 3 min...and then he asked me how was hs service and if I was pleased with him today and his service...I told him thank you very much and he gave me a card to evaluate his service and any suggestion....This is in Cincinnati, Ohio.....Did they really do that with all the offices? I am really impressed. :eek: :p

In contrast with the constant complaining that goes on in here, Bush Administration has made a lot to change the way CIS works and treat people. Agree there is more to do but nothing get done overnight specially in fed gov

Punjabi_Munda said:
Samoel,
Get ready for a response from Shamshon :p
He's welcomed. I already know what he's going to say but he's entitled to his/her opinion.... :cool:

The last update date on my online case status was changed to today "04/06/2005" one day after my biometrics. This is consistant with another user on this forum.

-------------------
ND RD Sep 2000
RFI 03/07/2005
biometrics 04/05/2005
last updated 04/06/2005