Biometrics Done Now what?

DesPardes

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
We just got our biometrics (Code 2).

One thing that is bothering me is my address in their system. We moved back in Aug'05. I filed AR11. I had 485 pending - However, didn't call the 800 Number to inform them of change of Address. In Dec'05 they approved 485 and mailed the approvals to my old address. I called the 800 on Jan 11th. The lady said they cannot do anything till 30 days after approval. She took my new address and said She will update it. Well, a few days later the Approval notices were re-mailed to my new address. USPOST had returned it to them from our old address. There was a LUD on Jan 14 about the remailing on jan 11th.

On Jan 16th they sent our Biometric Notices. Now this is what bothers me -- If they had our new address in the system, why did we not recieve the notices at our home address. We had to use the notices sent to our att'y.

When I was at the ASC for biometrics, I Asked the supervisor the check our address in the system. he checked and said it was our new address and it was updated on Jan 11th :confused:

In General what happens after Biometrics(code2). Howlong before GC? What should I do about address so it does not get lost in mail.

Thank you
DesPardes.

PD 12/98
I-140 AD 'March'04
485 RD -Sept'04
1st FP - Feb'05
RFE 485 - July'05 ( Status verification)
AR 11 - Aug '05
2EAD - Sept '05
485 AD = Dec 22nd'05
Biometrics ND - 1/16/06
Biometrics complete(LUD) 1/31/06
GC - ??
Should I get Infopass for Passport. :confused:

My friend, you just have to wait!
Another thing, you could do is watch the mail in the old address (Of course if you know the people in your old address)

DesPardes said:
Hi,
We just got our biometrics (Code 2).

One thing that is bothering me is my address in their system. We moved back in Aug'05. I filed AR11. I had 485 pending - However, didn't call the 800 Number to inform them of change of Address. In Dec'05 they approved 485 and mailed the approvals to my old address. I called the 800 on Jan 11th. The lady said they cannot do anything till 30 days after approval. She took my new address and said She will update it. Well, a few days later the Approval notices were re-mailed to my new address. USPOST had returned it to them from our old address. There was a LUD on Jan 14 about the remailing on jan 11th.

On Jan 16th they sent our Biometric Notices. Now this is what bothers me -- If they had our new address in the system, why did we not recieve the notices at our home address. We had to use the notices sent to our att'y.

When I was at the ASC for biometrics, I Asked the supervisor the check our address in the system. he checked and said it was our new address and it was updated on Jan 11th :confused:

In General what happens after Biometrics(code2). Howlong before GC? What should I do about address so it does not get lost in mail.

Thank you
DesPardes.

PD 12/98
I-140 AD 'March'04
485 RD -Sept'04
1st FP - Feb'05
RFE 485 - July'05 ( Status verification)
AR 11 - Aug '05
2EAD - Sept '05
485 AD = Dec 22nd'05
Biometrics ND - 1/16/06
Biometrics complete(LUD) 1/31/06
GC - ??
Should I get Infopass for Passport. :confused:
We are all set.You will received your Plastic Card(s) in 3 weeks at new adress.

You should receive your GC soon.

My Bio was down on 1/18. On 1/19 I got email saying "Card is ordered" and on 1/23 got another email saying "Card is mailed", but actually on the same day the card was already in my mailbox after I got home. For once, USCIS was efficient!!

LUD update

Hi all,
Thanks for the input.
There was a LUD update today. It says " On January 31, 2006, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued."

I guess this is it. I hope it went out to my current address. I feel like I am about to reach my destination after a long (really long) journey.

Thanks,
DesPardes

I had Biometrics done 12/04. Today I got another letter for ACS (Biometrics). Is it routine for biometrics to be repeated every few years?
I was affected by retrogression and PD has just become current.
Thank you.

permperm said:
What is the significance of Code 3 on the biometrics letter?????

permperm

Code 1: Ten finger prints
Code 2 : Signature and photo
Code 3: Code 1 + Code 2

thank you venkat. Can you also let me know if it is routine to repeat biometrics every 12 to 18 months?

permperm