BioMetrics before 485 approval

human_alien

Registered Users (C)
Got a Biometrics notification. I485 not yet approved. Anyone else in the same boat? Is it sign of good times or the same old...

AC 21 Case
NSC
EB2
Concurrent
I140 AD APR 2004
I485 RD JAN 2004 AD: ??
2nd EAD/AP: ready to renew for third

Everyone must go to biometrics after the apply for the I-485. Their prints are used to perform a background check (independent from the name check). It does not mean much about the progress of the case, but the case cannot be approved until they have been completed.

I you look at my signature, my biometrics (FP) were done in November 04 and my approval was not until June 05.

Human_Alien
I too completed my Biometric and still my 485 is pending. They do this for Background check and also you will be receiving the card once your 485 is approved. if you really want then you can go to Ins office and get stamped other wise you can bypass that and wait until you get the card. If you are regular to this forum you will see thread where people got approved and asked to wait until they get biometric notice. So we are in other way.

NSC approval... its all Luck. for details see my signature.

Cfiler
I think you are right, but only difference is some people get their BIO before I-485 approval, some with FP update and some after approval. I just get my BIO notice but I got my FP (Code1) done one and half month ago. Why did this happen? Why didn't they ask me to do it together to avoid another trip? I really hate those people which you never could find any working pattern, you can have a million guess but never have a clear clue.

Biometric before 485 approval - Eb3 PD Aug 2002

I also received Biometric letters for myself and spouse schduled during the last week of July.

Any comments?

NSC Eb3
PD : 8/2002
485: 11/2003

micahel1008 said:
Cfiler
I think you are right, but only difference is some people get their BIO before I-485 approval, some with FP update and some after approval.

Those receiving biometrics after the 485 approval have already given their prints in the past but in the old style, so they have to be redone in order to issue the card - but this time only one thumbprint, picture and signature.

Count me in

Biometric scheduled for Aug 05 2005.
Also note that I am EB3 retrogressed. See my signature below.

AbGCDeDo said:
Biometric scheduled for Aug 05 2005.
Also note that I am EB3 retrogressed. See my signature below.

AbGCDedo,

We both are inthe same boat and our dates are also very close.
I received BIO notice for 6th Aug at Detroit. Its said code 2.
Anybody has idea about these "codes"?

Yes our dates are close but...

I am not expecting anything good this year. If you have any good reasons to be optimistic let me know. The information about these codes are everywhere in this forum if you read some of them. I don't know what to make of this. I am simply taking comfort in knowing that something in my case is getting ahead like some said that the application will be ready for approval with this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Biometrics -- how many times.

We applied for EAD extension ... and so came with it Biometrics Code 2 which we did last week.

Today I got a notice ( in the mail) for Biometrics Code 2 again .. this time for 485.. the code is same -- 2 ..

Are the 2 Biometrics related .. or I have do it as it is independent of Biometrics for EAD...

count me in, ours is scheduled on first week of August but my question will they again do our background check?, since we gave our FP during November 2004 and FBI cleared our name and status on our case shows as "recevied results from FP and work is resumed on your case"

well atleast it shows our good fellas are actively doing something on our case, and I take this as good news, about approval I really don't expect mine to be approved this year, I consider myself lucky if I get approval sometime early 2006

Any thoughts

reallydepressed

reallydepressed

Why are U reallydepressed.. U did not have to wait for labor ... U got Ur 140 Quick ... U could change Job easy .... and U do not have RFE ..

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

SadashivePethi said:
Its said code 2.
Anybody has idea about these "codes"?

Code 2 : Index fingure + photograph.

U are not supposed to smile or wear glass and Ur lips should be joined together during the photo session ....

They will apply a foul smelling liquid with an old cloth, to Ur finger... No they do not change it ... it is same for every one .. Then the lady with shake Ur hand to loosen it ... Yes she wears a gloves .. as she does not want to touch the cloth which is used on every one ... wonder what that liquid is ... wash Ur hand after that..

Good Luck.

Biometric Appointment Aug 2nd week

Have received a letter for second biometrics...for 2nd week of aug'...How does this relate to 485 case processing and its approval

I am completely confused

I just posted a new thread...but this thread seems to have some answers.
My 1-485 application has been pending since March 2003. I have had my biometrics done twice already--the last time was November 2004. My application --according to responses I got to enquiries--has stuck in "pending security clearance" mode for about a million years now. Last week I got notice that my security clearance has been granted. NOW today I got a biometrics code 2 request. In one of the responses earlier, someone said that it doesn't mean anything, it' s just another request for fingerprints. BUT WHY? Fingerprints don't expire for 15 months, why am I getting this new request only 7-8 months after my last one?

And if code 2 means that now they will also take a photograph of me, what does that mean? Why will they?

Btw, my LUD has not changed since March 2003! And I have had no emails from USCIS at all. My I-485 has not been approved. So what on earth is going on?...if it is true, as someone on this thread said, essentially, that this more of the same-old, same-old?

Old system is gone .. so this biometrics.

educatedcat said:
Fingerprints don't expire for 15 months, why am I getting this new request only 7-8 months after my last one?

Yes -- the old system is gone ... and the we all need to go into the new system ... so Code 2 -- index fingure and digital photograph..

So every one has to do it ... same way U went for Ur First FP --- every one will get it ... but for now on they have ordered only the guys with approved 140.

Nadi

FP & Biometrics

I and my wife had got an FP notice way back .. last year... but at that time my son did not get the FP notice ..

Well it looks like that FP is null and void now and there is this new Biometrics .. But this time it is for my son too who is 6 years old ..

Looks like they have changed the rules for the minors too...

Just a cursory thought that came in, into my mind.