Biometrics and FP

needhelp1 said:
I think Biometrics means taking Finger Printing as far as I know.
Another question. I paid around 305$ for my 485 filing back Oct/Nov 2003.
1. Does it include FP/bioemtric fee? or is it separate?
2. Does anyone remember split up of 485 fee, fp fee, biometric fee of Nov 2003

Biometrics is digital fingerprint signature and photo there is no fee for this they are now making EAD have these on for identification purposes

and there is no fee for this process just the hassle of having to go and get it all done..

imawaiting said:
Biometrics is digital fingerprint signature and photo there is no fee for this they are now making EAD have these on for identification purposes

and there is no fee for this process just the hassle of having to go and get it all done..

Assuming I apply for renewal EAD using the efiling system, where should I go to get the biometrics done?

You will receive a receipt in the mail to call the 1800 # to schedule your appointment the letter has a ASC (application support center) code on it that is the location you will go mine was 2 so I went to New Rochelle.

imawaiting said:
You will receive a receipt in the mail to call the 1800 # to schedule your appointment the letter has a ASC (application support center) code on it that is the location you will go mine was 2 so I went to New Rochelle.

Ok, so, if u do biometrics(aka digital fingerprint) at the time of applying for EAD, then why do we have to do another FP for 485?

Fingerprinting is totally different your biometric is just your right 1st finger, fingerprinting is where they take all your fingers then run them through the FBI to make sure there is no criminal record.

Biometrics - means any method of uniquely identifying you. It could be an Iris scan, a fingerprint, in an extreme case a DNA sample etc. In the case of the immigration saga - you are fingerprinted once for FBI record check, which is different than when you are fingerprinted as a biometric record on you EAD besides your photograph that is.

I hope that clarifies.

Last edited by a moderator:
jrinny said:
Biometrics - means any method of uniquely identifying you. It could be an Iris scan, a fingerprint, in an extreme case a DNA sample etc. In the case of the immigration saga - you are fingerprinted once for FBI record check, which is different than when you are fingerprinted as a biometric record on you EAD besides your photograph that is.

I hope that clarifies.
But when I applied for Ead back in Jan 2004, they didn't do biometrics for me. still got EAD card. Is this a new rule?

paper eads dont require fingerprinting. If you apply online - then you have to appear at an ASC and give finger prints. Crazy? sure.