biometrics after stamping

villager

Registered Users (C)
Any one did biometrics at ASC after Passport stamping...

Any Feedback on this . ->http://www.rupnet.net/immigration/p...ply.asp?id=5959

I am confused again ... we got our FP notice after stamping.

This is never ending story. :rolleyes:

our Lawyer told us no need to do biometrics since it already done on stamping.

Called NSC and got reply that no need for Biometrics again after PP stamping.

Last edited by a moderator:
The day before I got my passport stamped at Cleveland last week, I received the biometrics notice for green card. Following day during passport stamping, when I mentioned this to the officer, she only stamped my passport and did not take any fingerprints or pictures. She told me to go ahead and do the biometrics as stated in the notice. She said something about new policy that took in effect. Since none of my information was taken by the officer, there is no choice but do the biometrics. Has anyone heard about this?

what did the ntoice say?

I am a CP case and after entering the US and getting my passport stamped at airport, I got a notice asking for 2 photographs. They told me to mail them at the address in the notice. My FP was taken at the airport.

villager said:
Any one did biometrics at ASC after Passport stamping...

Any Feedback on this . ->http://www.rupnet.net/immigration/p...ply.asp?id=5959

I am confused again ... we got our FP notice after stamping.

This is never ending story. :rolleyes:

our Lawyer told us no need to do biometrics since it already done on stamping.

Called NSC and got reply that no need for Biometrics again after PP stamping.

I got a FP notice too after the stamping. Initially my Attorney told me to ignore it but later called me yesterday evening and told me to go for the FP. He told be that USCIS had some changes in their processing and getting FP with this notice will help me get the Plastic Card in less than 2 weeks. Luckily today was my FP appointment. I got my FP done and will keep this post updated if something happens. In anycase, I would advise you guys to get the FP Done as there is nothing to loose.

-- Raju

raju_dv said:
I got a FP notice too after the stamping. Initially my Attorney told me to ignore it but later called me yesterday evening and told me to go for the FP. He told be that USCIS had some changes in their processing and getting FP with this notice will help me get the Plastic Card in less than 2 weeks. Luckily today was my FP appointment. I got my FP done and will keep this post updated if something happens. In anycase, I would advise you guys to get the FP Done as there is nothing to loose.

-- Raju

I dont know if it is a coincedence or not but I got the email saying the following after 4 Hours of my FP.

"On May 20, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

You guys might want to check out immigration-law.com,
INS says, these finger printing are must.

http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html

05/20/2005: Important Advisory: Do Not Ignore Finger Print Notice Received After Approval of Green Card

Nowadays, more number of people are receiving I-485 approval notices. Additionally, some of them also receive fingerprint notices after their I-485 has been approved. The AILA has been advised by the USCIS HQ that such notice is not a mistake. Even if their I-485 is approved, once they receive a fingerprint notice, they should appear at the ASC to provide new biometric identifiers. This includes children. If the I-485 approved minor children receive a fingerprint notice, they should appear at ASC! Those who ignored such fingerprint notices may want to immediately contact the USCIS to reschedule the fingerprinting. Important, Important.

Thanks raju_dv and defleopard22

Our cards ordered yesterday itself...

I am sure this is new process.

How long

How long after you received the msg about card was ordered, you have to wait?

RBulus

am confused

i attended my AOS interview on Jan 20th 2005 officer took our biometrics
(index finger print and signature) and he didn't stamp our passport he asked us to wait for approval notice ,he mentioned two as two weeks ...
but nothing came up so far
does it mean anything???? am i approved or do i need do anything
any ideas what am i suppose to do???

Raj :confused:

raju_dv said:
I dont know if it is a coincedence or not but I got the email saying the following after 4 Hours of my FP.

"On May 20, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

I got my card on 26th May and confirm that the Photo on the Card was the one that was taken during my last FP on 20th May. Once again the details are mentioned below. So guys...make sure you go for the FP. Looks like the passport stamping is not really required if you got the I-485 Approval notice mentioning that you will get the card in 120 Days unless you have some travelling plans.

13 Apr 05 -- I-485 Approval mentioning that I will get the card in 120 Days.
07 May 05 -- Got my stamping
11 May 05 -- Got a FP Notice (Code - 2)
20 May 05 9.00 AM -- Finger Printing at the ASC
20 May 05 1.00 PM -- Cards Ordered
24 May 05 -- Cards Mailed
26 May 05 -- Cards Received.

Finally all over

Cards ordered on 5/24 and received today.

I am sure only biometrics (code 2) helped me to get the card in few weeks not passport stamping.