Biometric Schedule

DJdeMarco

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

We have applied for Citizenship for my wife via N400. We just received a letter for her Biometric appointment which is in 3 days. She will be out of town that day for about three hours for business reasons including the hour that has the appointment.

My questions are:

- What is the possibility of going to the local office early (today and talking to them and have it done early?
- If we need to change the appointment, should we do this in the local office or via phone? Application was filed to CA office.
- If we have to call to reschedule, how much delay does that cause for the whole process.

Thank you for any help I can get quickly.

I would try your first option first. I don't know anything about the CA office but there are some DO's that allow early walk ins. If that doesn't work call the 1-800 # and tell them your situation and HOPEFULLY they won't read off a card and give you a specific answer.

If she can, show up early, explain why she would like to have it done so that she can attend that business event.

If they won't let her, have them re-schedule it right there.

Should cover all grounds. In my experience they try to accomodate you.

Thank you guys for your replies.

One last question, should we show up early the same day or should we try now (tomorrow with infopass)? Appointment is on Friday.

Just walk in today. I don't even think a Infopass is needed but if you can get one for today great use that. If not still try to walk in today. If you can't then you got your answer

Hi,

So here is the update...

That day we went in as suggested to see what they can do. The finger print guy asked us to come an hour or two earlier than scheduled appointment and they will see if they can fit us in. So today my wife went in a couple of hours before the appointment. After she gave them her docs, they checked it in the system and said that she does not need to do finger prints becuase they have hers from less than 3 months ago.

What happened was that my wife's purse was stolen which had her Green Card in it. Back in December, we applied for a replacement Green Card which required finger printing. Guy at the USCIS office said that we do not need to do the finger prints and that within a few months (2-3) we should get the interview letter. My wife asked him to write that on the letter so that they don't come after us stating we didn't do something we were suppose to. He did so.

So, my question is, is this guy tell us correct information? Do I have to worry about anything or check with anyone else?

Thanks.

It sounds about right I would say .... my 2 cents again.

Requesting basically a statement was a good thing to do but let's just hope that those 2-3 month doesn't get you "stuck" with a second printing because you don't know how long it takes to get your Interview Letter.

I come to a conclusion that every DO has their own thing about Fingerprinting. From what I always read on this board was they expire every 15 month. Well I had to do mine 12 month after I had my last ones done and was also explained by 2 different Ofiicers that they need to be done every 12 month so there are conflicting messages out there.

But don't worry. You got your proof and I hope things go by fast for you !

Thank you LadyBuggy.

I think just to be sure, I might just give them a call and see if they show that finger prints for this application show as complete or not. I would hate to wait 3-4 months just find find out we have to redo the prints and then wait more for the interview letter.

Thank you for all your help.

It sounds about right I would say .... my 2 cents again.

Requesting basically a statement was a good thing to do but let's just hope that those 2-3 month doesn't get you "stuck" with a second printing because you don't know how long it takes to get your Interview Letter.

I come to a conclusion that every DO has their own thing about Fingerprinting. From what I always read on this board was they expire every 15 month. Well I had to do mine 12 month after I had my last ones done and was also explained by 2 different Ofiicers that they need to be done every 12 month so there are conflicting messages out there.

But don't worry. You got your proof and I hope things go by fast for you !