Biometric information

arran_hope

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am a US Citizen applying for Spouse in H1-B status. I am planning to file
for I-485, I-130, I-765 , I-131 and any additional forms.

I-485 requires one biometrics of the applicant and I-130 requires one biometris from petitioner and another one for beneficiary.

Do I need to send payment for biometrics once for myself and two times for my spouse. or

Just send payment fee for my biometrics and another one for my spouse.

Appreciate any input on this.

hope,

arran_hope said:
Hi,

I am a US Citizen applying for Spouse in H1-B status. I am planning to file
for I-485, I-130, I-765 , I-131 and any additional forms.

I-485 requires one biometrics of the applicant and I-130 requires one biometris from petitioner and another one for beneficiary.

Do I need to send payment for biometrics once for myself and two times for my spouse. or

Just send payment fee for my biometrics and another one for my spouse.

Appreciate any input on this.

hope,

I think you are confused. There is only one biometrics fee included with the regular I485 fee ---- the fee for your spouse/sponsored immigrant. When you send the I130/I485 package, you send 1 G325A form for each spouse(each G325 has 4 pages, so 4 for you, 4 for your wife) --- but only one biometrics fee.

I-130 doesn't need a biometrics for urself nor your spouse. If anything, it is your non USC spouse that will be doing any biometrics..

Dasugo said:
I-130 doesn't need a biometrics for urself nor your spouse. If anything, it is your non USC spouse that will be doing any biometrics..

Hi

This is what I have found on I-130 form Item 4 under the section
What Documents Do You Needto Prove a Family Relationship?

A completed and signed Form G-325A, BiographicInformation, for you and a Form G-325A for your husband or wife. Except for your name and signatureyou do not have to repeat on the Form G-325A the information given on your Form I-130 petition.

arran_hope said:
Hi

This is what I have found on I-130 form Item 4 under the section
What Documents Do You Needto Prove a Family Relationship?

A completed and signed Form G-325A, BiographicInformation, for you and a Form G-325A for your husband or wife. Except for your name and signatureyou do not have to repeat on the Form G-325A the information given on your Form I-130 petition.

Yes, but that is what I told you. File one G325A(4 pages each) for each spouse. There is however only a biometrics fee on the immigrant's application. Also, since you are submitting I485 and I130 together, do not submit more than one G325A per person.

What you need is:
I130(with fee)
I485(with fee plus biometrics fee for immigrant)
G325A for USC - all 4 pages(indeed you do not need to repeat info already on I130)
G325A for immigrant -all 4 pages
Medical
and other forms(e.g. I864, work authorization form if you want it, AP form if you want it).

im really confused. i got my biometrics done in january,our interview was scheduled on the 10th of march.and then suddenly they cancelled it( due to unforseen circumstances) ant sent another biometrics appointment notice for my husband (he is a petitioner). many of my friends applied for their green cards and already got it,but none of their petitioners had to get their biometrics done.why in my case??? will appreciate any help.thank u

Hi laraka, can you please elaborate a little bit more?
Is your Husband (petitioner) a USC or a Legal Permanent Resident?

oh im sorry.my husband is an american citizen.i came to the US in 2008 as a J1 student, and in 2009 my husband and I got married. in december we filed all our papers. and everything looked really smooth and then this happened...

Hi Laraka

im really confused. i got my biometrics done in january,our interview was scheduled on the 10th of march.and then suddenly they cancelled it( due to unforseen circumstances) ant sent another biometrics appointment notice for my husband (he is a petitioner). many of my friends applied for their green cards and already got it,but none of their petitioners had to get their biometrics done.why in my case??? will appreciate any help.thank u

Dear Laraka, can you please tell me what happened to you after? I have exactly the same prob... Apt for my interview got canceled and today we got in the mail an apt for my husbands fingerprints who is US citizen for only september, my interview was supposed to be wednesday... How long after his fingerprints did you got your new apt for interview? did everythg went well for you? I really wonder why this is happening, we were so close to this final interview :( thanks for your answer!