Bio

programmer76

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

i'm from EB3 category india priority date march 2003. I and my wife has gone for our first printing on february 2004. After reading these forums my understanding was that finger printing would be good for next 15 months. But today to my surprise i got ASC appointment notice to have my biometrics taken for code 3.However i got only one notice for me. Nothing for my wife. Here are my questions.

(1) I and my both took our finger printing togather but now its only me who is called for biometrics. did my wife's biometric appointment mail may have got lost or BCIS people forgot to send it?Should i call BCIS on 1800 number they gave on the appointment letter?

(2) what does this ASC appointment mean for my case? positive Or negative? any hope of seeing any mircale?

(3) what are code 1, 2,3 for biometrics? i'm called for code 3 then what about code 1 or 2? they may call me for that as well?

I will appreciate your feedback.

Thanks

programmer76 said:
Hi,
(1) I and my both took our finger printing togather but now its only me who is called for biometrics. did my wife's biometric appointment mail may have got lost or BCIS people forgot to send it?Should i call BCIS on 1800 number they gave on the appointment letter?
It may have been lost by USCIS or USPS: better call then don't

(2) what does this ASC appointment mean for my case? positive Or negative? any hope of seeing any mircale?
Appointmet for biometrics are positive: it means someone works on your case, and it didn't fall under the file cabinet.

(3) what are code 1, 2,3 for biometrics? i'm called for code 3 then what about code 1 or 2? they may call me for that as well?
Don't remember, but it's always a combination of signature, fingerprints and photo. They do not perform any weird tests :)

Last edited by a moderator:
My understanding is they are calling for bio (code 3) who had done FP @ 14-15 months back. I think automatic systems might be doing it. I just did couple of days back. And after that I recd the same for my son 8 years old.
I am thinking you might get for your wife in next couple of days.
The only benefir I can see that when they approve the case (when ?? )
they can sent us the card directly rather then going for the passport stamping.

Urgent

Hi,

i just called lawyer's office.My doubt was right. My wife's finger printing was lost in mail. My wife is at present in India and she has not planned to be back until july 2006. Our biometric appointment date is in second week of february. My lawyer suggested that if my wife doesn't want to travel then i can go for my biometrics alone in february and he can ask the texas service center to give my wife's biometrics date sometimes in july when my wife is in USA.

I'm from India EB3 category priority date march 2003. GURUS please let me know.what should I do?

Is it worth spending thousand dollars and call my wife from india especially for this biometric appointment?

Can we reshedule and get a biometric date after 6 months sometimes in July or it will be too long time for rescheduling the date?

Please reply all ASAP. i've to book my wife's ticket or call service center asap to cancel her appointment.