Bill C11 and entry date (Could you throw some light Canedian)

amit kapoor

Registered Users (C)
Dear Friends,

If one enters Canada before Bill C11 is passed, would he be still eligible to stay out of Canada for 3 out of 5 years or is it applicable only if you enter after the bill is passed.

All your insight is appreciated.

Thanks

AK

No Title

IT WILL BE APPLICABLE TO BOTH WHO ENTERED BEFORE THAT AND AFTER IS WAS PASSED AND BECAME LAW. THE BILL IS SUPPOSED TO BE PASSED IN YEAR END, THEN REGULATIONS TO BE FORMED, I HOPE BY JAN/FEB IT WILL BECOME LAW IF PASSED BY SENATE./

No Title

Dear Inder,

Are you sure about it. If that is the case the consider the following situation. If a person entered in December 2000 and came to US the same month. According to the previous law the person is not admissible but even if the law passes in Jan / Feb, the person again gets the right to enter.

I think that there should be a cut off date that the persons entering after that date would be treated under the new stipulations.

Would love to get some views on it

AK

No Title

Are you sure about it.
 ANS: I have Read the Draft of Bill C-11 which is passed bu house of Commons and first reading is over by the senate, I do not know if any thing is going to be changed by senate

If that is the case the consider the following situation. If a person entered in December 2000 and came to US the same month. According to the previous law the person is not admissible but even if the law passes in Jan / Feb, the person again gets the right to enter.
ANS: YES YOU ARE RIGHT, IF A PERSON LANDED IN DECEMBER 2000 and came back to USA and never went back to Canada , He has LOST his PR according to current law. If the Bill becomes a LAW in JAN/FEB 2002, This Person will not be covered by the law.
I think that there should be a cut off date that the persons entering after that date would be treated under the new stipulations.
ANS: let us wait for the final regulations and it can be available only after the Bill is passed by senate and regulations are published, my openion is based on current bill as it stands today with out any amendments.

No Title

message for Amit Kapoor,
I think the new law will cover both sides. Once it is signed, the residency requirements will be changed for all immigrants.
That\'s what we were told by E. chaplin who is the immigration minister.

Thanks Canediann

Dear Canediann,

Thanks for your insight in the issue. Can you suggest any site for the same.

Regards,

AK