• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Big scare with usafis

truffy

Registered Users (C)
Hi
its been over a month and usafis hasnt sent me my NL!!!!I called their customer service and they said i need the letter to return my docs to KCC.
I called KCC and they said i dont need the NL....just the ds230 and ds 122 with a picture....i heard a story about a barcode...who to believe?????
thank you

i sent my ds230 my ds,my ds 122 and a passport size picture back to KCC...thats it.
I havent sent a NL because I havent received it...and i spoke to KCC this morning they said i didnt need to send them the NL

It should be send, but if you do not get it, it is not a problem to send the papers without.

Last edited by a moderator:
i sent my ds230 my ds,my ds 122 and a passport size picture back to KCC...thats it.
I havent sent a NL because I havent received it...and i spoke to KCC this morning they said i didnt need to send them the NL

You are not being ask to send the notification letter back to KCC but the bar code included in the pack.
Sorry for the omission

Last edited by a moderator:
i didnt understand your post ammeck...kcc emailed me and gave me instructions but nowhere is mentioned a barcode.

Truffy,

normally the KCC sends you a notification package.
It contains:
- the notification letter,
- a sheet with a bar code on it as well as your case number and name
- instructions
- DS230 form
- DSP122 form

The sheet with the bar code is used by the KCC and is not mandatory.

Hi
its been over a month and usafis hasnt sent me my NL!!!!I called their customer service and they said i need the letter to return my docs to KCC.
I called KCC and they said i dont need the NL....just the ds230 and ds 122 with a picture....i heard a story about a barcode...who to believe?????
thank you

Hi truffy can you upload the mail you got from KCC. Obviously drop ur case no& other information which u think private, so that we can understand what exactly you got.

thanks& cheers.

I just checked the package my friend got but the paper with the barcode is send back and on one of the papers was stated the barcode needed to be incl. Right now I don't see that paper but all who have seen the package remember the barcode paper.

Of course you can try to send it back without and see what will happen....

hi
heres the email from kcc:

Thank you for your inquiry.

Per our phone conversation on June 12, 2009.

The following should be sent to KCC to begin the processing of your case:

· DSP 122 completed for the principal applicant

· DS 230 Part I completed for all family members applying for a Diversity Visa

· DS 230 Part II completed for all family members applying for a Diversity Visa

·One (1) passport size full face photograph for each family member applying for a Diversity Visa

Any additional documents may be sent to KCC with your forms, or you may take those with you to the DV interview appointment.

...its pretty clear no?not to mention that i called KCC today and i said that i didnt send the barcode....the agent said it wasnt a problem and that all that really matters is the ds230 and ds122 with the picture.all the rest is irrelevant.

Hey Truffy!
I am in the same situation with USAFIS but everyone says the bar code is a must... Now you said that KCC told u they don't need it. I am wondering if they will need it during the interview or if we can forget about it completely.
I have decided to wait one more week and see if I can get the original letter from USAFIS. Have you insisted on getting your letter?
Have you already sent the forms?
Will you use a regular envelope to send everything?
Thanks for your answers!

Did you get a case #? Maybe the barcode as was stated in the package, needed t be send back...but might not be a big deal, but at least you need a case #. Without a case # you are committing fraud and will be subject to a ban to the USA for many years.

I don't know if things like this happen, but if a person claims to have won and goes online prints out the papers and send them in and is stating he/she lost her case #...they will fnd out.

There has been a lady who was legally in the USA and had a green card and voted in one of te presidential elections. Years later they discovered it and it was after she bcame a citizen and a public figure since she run for a local office....she was in huge trouble, lost her job, got fines, etc.

hey Guys

I was in you situation till yesterday night back from work, because when i went home i finaly saw the envelope from usafis in my mail box. Inside the envellope there was winning notification (that you keep and take with you the day of the interview) + plus the forms+ a label with the adress of KCC+ a paper with my CN bare code and a note from usafis on it that says (please return this barcode sheet to facilitate the processing of your case...)
earlier yesterday i called the KCC ( i didn't know then that the envolope has arrived) and told them that i filled the forms they sent me my mail and i asked clearly should i wait for the envelope from usafis?
Answer: we recommend to send it right away m'am.
question: Will this have a negative impact on my case if i send it with a regular envelope?
Answer: No ma'm you can send it in a regular enveloppe.
Question: i heard something related to a bar code, is it important ?
Answer: No m'am what's importat is the forms+picture (you can write your name and cn at the back)

So there you go maruxa don't wait one more week, because these people from usafis are (b.....) excuse my french but don't worry they will be hearing from us when this whole process is over because seriously what they are doing is unacceptable. By the way my envolope came somewhere from Belgium and the date on the NL was 5 may.

me too!my envelop arrived today !!!I cant believe it took usafis 1 month to send me my NL....those people are a disgrace their customer service is awful and they cant get away with it forever

Congrats...most important you have your case number...that is way more than many who are still hoping to get the NL...