Bhanu, Takadiga and other gurus please help

wazzup

Registered Users (C)
I have applied for a EAD renewal in April 01. Attorney says no receipt from INS so far. Problem is my 1st EAD expires 07/07/01.

Qn1. Does local INS (Chicago) entertain my EAD if the approval does not come through in time.

Qn2.Should I wait until the last day to go the local INS (Chicago) to get the renewal.

Qn3. I am hoping my 485 will be approved in time. RD 04/00. Talked to IIO. She said that the case is with an Officer.

Any insights will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

No Title

You can claim having lost your 1st EAD and the local INS will have the ability to extend for (as far as I remember) 120 days. However, I would suggest to check with an attorney. I am positive about the extension but do not exactly remember the duration by which it can be extended.

Also, have your attorney follow up with the Service Center to find out the status of your application. You can also call the IIO personally to find out the status. Remember, usually it takes a few weeks to get the card after the actual approval.

No Title

Taka-Digi and Ramascu

Thanks for the reply. It gives me a ray of hope.
BTW my Attorney\'s legal assistant told me that the EAD Application was received by VSC on 04/20/01. I Checked the AVM. It says the RD for EAD Application was 05/25/01 and it says it will take between 60-90 days to process these kind of cases.

Should I go to local INS claiming that I have lost the EAD right now or when I get close to the EAD expiry date.

Wazzup