Bhanu, Myladoor and others.....need some help

VSC_Waiter99

Registered Users (C)
Bhanu, Myladoor and others,

(Sorry for the diversifying the discussion, but since I was addicted to this board, first thing comes in my mind is to ask you friends first)

Since I was in AOS having expired H1B and valid EAD, I am confused of what affidavit I need to fill up to bring my parents here on a visiting visa.

Earlier 3 years back I send I-134 and I am on H1B at that time, but now the situation is different.

Can you please tell which affidavit(I-134 or I-864) I need to fill and what supporting docs I need to sent. And as far as employer letter is concern I cannot get it from the sponser company, because I am currently working with some other company on EAD. What are the consequences if I send the employer letter from the current employer?

will there be any cross check about the GC sponcering company against employer letter, if so will they generate any REF for visiting visa(Hopfully they should not but, I need to know your thoughts)

I greatly appreciate your input,

Thank you

No Title

you have to send I-134 for the visitor visa.
send the employment letter from whichever company you are
working now.
getting visitor visa has no binding with your GC process,
you should be fine.
visit www.immihelp for the docs and hints about the
visitor visa.

No Title

I-134 is perfectly fine and I did that successfully. I think your current employer letter should be fine as it is to check whether you have job to support yourself and the visitors. I sent a copy of my I485 also to show my current status, so I am not sure that raises an issue between the sponsor on the I485 (can\'t remember if it shows the employer!) and the letter you are producing. Sorry can\'t advise on this...but good luck!

No Title

Hi,

(in different perspective:not sure if this is applicable to your case)
In India they give 10 year multiple entry visa for visitors (most of my friend\'s parents got this)if your parents already have the visa, they can come here easily...You had mentionmed that they got visa 3 years ago..just check if they had got originally for 6 months or 10 years...
thanks
shanks

No Title

I have some questions in this regard.

My father has a 5 year visitor visa until 2002. He need not go to US consulate in India for any reasons. He is planning to come here next month. Do I need to send him an I-134 ? Does he need to show the I-134 on arrival here at the airport?

Thanks in advance.

No Title

A copy of the employment letter is required along with I-134. I dont think that the INS and the US Embassy in India would cross check regarding your current employment.

Since your parents were already here once, obtaining a visa again should be a breeze.

I am in the same situation. I checked with my attorney and was informed that an I-134 with the supporting documents (bank statement, etc..,) along with the employment letter and a copy of the receipt of I-485 should be sufficient.

Hope this helps

No Title

First of all, you don\'t need affidevit of support (I-134) if the same person is coming second time.. First time my parents got 6 months visa (I sent I-134 for their first visa). Second time they just put the passport in the drop box only with my invitation letter. They got 10 year visa.

My Sister-in-law and niece are coming on this month end (second time). They did the same thing, I just faxed the invitation letter and yesterday, they dropped the passport, visa application form and my invitation letter. My Sister_in_law got 10 years visa and niece got 5 years. So i am quite confident that I-134 is required only for the first time visa. Hope this helps.

Also those who has valid visa (like 2000 end), they don\'t have to go to consulate. Just travel to US and they will get I-94 (maximum 6 months)..

Hope this helps,

Vinayak

No Title

Bhanu:

Are you sure about this. Are you of the opinion, that if a person was in the US with a visitor visa before, the sponsoring person may not have to send form I-134 for the second visit? Please clarify. My attorney told me differently.

Thanks in advance

No Title

That is correct. I send in a copy of previously filed I-134, and my bank statement for my mother as an additional proof. That was fine. In my opinion it is a grey area becuase some officers do want new I134 and some don\'t. But this is basically what I did.

Bhanu

No Title

Bhanu, Vinayak, shanks, net derschofer, and 485-pending,

I just got online, I very much thank you for all you responces.

My parents just got 6 months of visa before, but I need to check my records for the old Affidavits.

Vinayak, you said that you just send invitation letter, is that mean we don\'t have to send employer letter, bank statement and passport copies and I-485. Can you please clarify this. Bhanu can you clarify me if you sent employer letter or not?

Thanks again
pramod reddy

No Title

Pramod,

When my parents / Sister-in-law / niece went second time for the visa, I just sent the sponcership letter indicating that I will bare all the expenses etc.. etc.. Nothing else. No employment letter / bank statement / passport copies.. nothing.

Vinayak