Bhanu Kuchibhotla or sombody please help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

saleem ahmed

Registered Users (C)
ND -- Nov 29, 1999
EB2 India.

Got notice from VCS "Preliminary processing of the application has been completed and transferrd to local INS office (New York). That office will notify you when they schedule an interview on the application or petition"

Can sombody help how long it is taking for the NY INS office to schedule interviews.
Thanks in advance.

No Title

are you from Pakistan? I think people from that country are getting their cases transferred to local INS center
I know one guy whose got transfered to Arlingto, VA.. I dont want to raise a alarm here.. may be hasanali can help you
with this..
best of luck..

No Title

metoo,

No, I am from India (Hyderabad). ND/RD Nov 29, 1999. Anybody any ideia how long the local INS Office in NY (26 Federal Plaza, NY, NY) to communicate with the attorney (or Me) to let atleast say that the file is with them.
Any suggestion will be appriciated.

Thanks.

No Title

Saleem,

it seems normal these days that cases get transferred to local offices for final processing. There\'s no reason to be concerned about and don\'t loose sleep. Just make you have everything in order for the interview. Also, I feel the NYC office wait should not be as long. You might wanna call them if you have a phone number. Their address is 26, Federal Plaza close to City Hall and Court Houses on the Centre street intersecting with Lafayette street. Hope all goes well with you.

Bhanu

No Title

Bhanu,

Thanks for your kind reply. I talked with my attorny the same day I heard this news. He said that because of the over load at VSC some cases are transfered to the local INS office. It is absolutely frustating to wait for some more time. I understand that there is no choice. I am in this country for 9 years. I did my MS (comp sci.) and worked all the time (took vaccation only once for 15days in 6-7 years of the employement), paid all the taxes (around 45-50%) and still have to take this Bull.

If you know any kind of information about the Interview (like kind of questions they ask ... etc), please let me know.

ThankYou very much.

No Title

Saleem,

I totally understand.. but just to make you feel better, I have been in this country for 10.5 years... I plan to post my entire experience upon approval. You are not alone but you know what it is.. it gave me lot of wisdom and understanding life, patience, the very reason why we are here.. sacrifice for family\'s better living.. you now know how to deal with hardships... ans same here with me

Bhanu