Bhanu... here is the procedure in post I-485 approval to get the actual card.

BJSR

Registered Users (C)
Well the procedure after the I-485 approval is as follows:
1. Collect the following :
        a. I-94
        b. EADs
        c. Advance Parole
        d. Driver\'s license
        e. Original Passport
        f. Approval Notice(received by attorney) or Courtesy Copy(I used courtesy copy)
        g. Two Immigration Style photos(like the ones used for EAD and AP). The approval letter specicically ask for the latest photos taken in the last one month. I used the photos used for my EAD and they didn\'t ask a question on that.

2. At the INS office they will first ask you for the Passport, Approval Notice and Two Photos. They may or may not ask for the rest of the documents. In my case they didn\'t ask for anything else.
The INS officer fills the form I-551 for you and she confirms your address,name and parents names.
Then they will ask you to sign and finger print the I-551. You will be giving only your right hand index finger \'finger print\'.
3. With the way VSC is going you should expect the GC in about 4-6 weeks.
4. To check the status on your actual card call the same old number 1-802-527-4913 and enter your I-485 EAD number EACXXXXXXXXXX. Check the status after about 3 weeks from the PP stamping. The message you would be looking for is that a card is ordered on 99/99/9999 date. You should get in 1-2 weeks after the message is changed.

Note: I would suggest taking copies of the documents that you are submitting. Also take copies of your passport after stamping and keep them safely.

Good luck with your stamping and your future career. Also Happy Birthday.

No Title

Good information.. Thanks BJSR. Could you please tell what are the document they will return back ? Do they give any temp. GCard along with passport stamping?

No Title

BJSR did u stamp ur passport at Newark? I\'ve seen posts where the courtesy copy wasn\'t accepted at Newark.Wondering if this is true?

No Title

It is true that the Newark office doesn\'t accept the courtesy copy.
I did my PP stamping in Florida and they were OK with the courtesy copy.

No Title

Thanks BJSR...I guess we won\'t be seeing u again now that ur all done. I\'m ND 10/22/99, God only knows when I\'ll get my approval. Good luck my friend!

No Title

Hi Bhanu,

Congratulations. Are you going to NYC federal plaza office for stamping ???. I did my passport stamping there last friday. It was peaceful, only you have to wait in the queue till your number comes. They didnot verify anything other than the courtesy copy. Took my fingerprint on I-551, attached it to my courtesy copies, took away my I-94,2 photographs and EAD cards, and stamped the passport. You will have to enter from the Worth Street entrance and the room 120 is on the first floor to the left from there.

All the best and congratulations again.

No Title

Thank you very much vsc0899eb3. I think I will be going to Federal Plaza for stamping. Thanks a lot for your information.

Bhanu

No Title

Folks,

I am touched by all your well wishes.. like I promised before, I shall stick around in the board and continue to support this board (in my words "LIFELINE"). My personal e-mail is BHANSHAN@HOTMAIL.COM and please fell free to ask me any questions and I shall answer them to the best of my knowledge..

Thanks a lot again
Bhanu

No Title

Yes, they will ask for your latest address if not you better initiate about the correct address. Make sure verbatim that the address is correct, because they fill the I-551 with hand.

No Title

My case was approved in VSC and PP Stamped in Detroit-MI. I am wonder about actual plastic card. Do you think it would take long time to get it just because my stamping was done in NSC jurisdiction.
I would appreciate your help.
Thanks a lot