Beware of I-824 processing time with NSC - for CP in Chennai consulate

manya

Registered Users (C)
Hi friends

This is to all people who\'s CP consulate is Chennai

Those who are intending for I-824 processing to opt for CP in chennai, Never do the mistake in going for CP because of the processing date.
I-824 adjudication date with NSC is still at 04-26-01 and is same since around 9 months. They don\'t know that there are more months ahead of April, and worries me that it will be forever.

I have done the mistake so learn from my mistake. I have applied for I-824 in June so can expect an approval around 2099. I am seriously thinking for switching back to 485. I have lost a total hope in CP.

No Title

Manya,
   I am in the same boat as you and fully agree with you...
of course I am from VSC...same here...applied for I-824 in May...got approval on Aug\'28 and till now my case has not reached NVC...and I have to wait another 45 days to complain...then they take their sweet time to trace ...once they trace another 3 to 4 months for the CPprocess...i would have got GC through 485...Chennai does not accept AC-140....

thanks,
raju

No Title

Is there any way that you can choose service centre of yr choice. My attorney is going to file my I-824 from NSC. Should I ask him to change the service centre?

Not sure but Sam.......

If that\'s not possible my strong suggestion is you better file for 485 but anyway decision is left to you. If I were you I would go with 485 but remember, this is the problem only if your CP consulate is Chennai because chennai doesn\'t accept AC I-140 in that case you only need receipt notice of 824.

Does anyone know if Delhi accepts AC I-140

I saw in murthy.com that Delhi accepts it but I never came accross anyone in this site who applied for AC I-140 in Delhi and they accepted it.

Thanks Manya...

In my case it will be cp at New Delhi. I got I-140 approval in late September 2001. If somebody will let me know what is AC I-140? Many people used this term. Is it same as I-140? My attorney said he will do cp for me at New Delhi. I know it is I-824 he has to file on my behalf. Is there anything else he needs to do for my case. I will welcome suggestion / reply from anybody. Thanks for yr cooperation and help.

Hi Sam

Check for what your I-140 has been approved.

1) If it is for CP then you need not worry about I-824. Your details will be send from your service center to NVC and from there to the respective consulate.

2) If you are approved for AOS, then you can file your I-485 in USA. If you still want to do it in India, then you need to file for I-824. Mumbai accepts AC-I140 with just the I-824 receipt. No other consulate accpets AC-140 in India with just the I-824 receipt.. Hence, you need to be very careful with that.

Manya is very correct with his observation.

Read about AC-I140 in immihelp.com

Thanks

Hi Sam

Check for what your I-140 has been approved.

1) If it is for CP then you need not worry about I-824. Your details will be send from your service center to NVC and from there to the respective consulate.

2) If you are approved for AOS, then you can file your I-485 in USA. If you still want to do it in India, then you need to file for I-824. Mumbai accepts AC-I140 with just the I-824 receipt. No other consulate accpets AC-140 in India with just the I-824 receipt.. Hence, you need to be very careful with that.

Manya is very correct with his observation.

Read about AC-I140 in immihelp.com

Thanks

It has been approved for AOS and says to file I-824 for CP

Thanks Shilparao,

My I-140 has been approved for AOS, I-485 and says u need to file I-824 for CP. My attorney is saying it will go to NVC first and then CP at New Delhi. Now if somebody based upon their experience will let me know the best place for CP. I myself prefer cp at New Delhi but don\'t mind to ask Attorney to change the place. I am a very old case with a priority date of Begining 1998. So every help will be appreciated.

Hi Shri420 ........

I didn\'t know about this and was told that it\'s not possible.

Can I do one thing now i.e take back my I-824 application and re apply
saying I intend to do at bombay bcoz bombay accepts AC-140 so in that case I only need 824 receipt.

Is it possible? So have you heared anybody doing this or done this?

Pls brother I need your advise

What are you talking about?

this was a post by PRB and if u notice, he applied for 824 in July and his Pkt3 was generated in Oct. Hez almost there! what is this april date about!!!

Posted By: PRB 10/11/01 4:20 PM
(#40 of 49)
They are updated on cptracker.com under PRB.
I-140 approved in May 2001.
I-824 applied in 1st week of July at VSC. Received receipt on 30th july. AC-140 applied to Chennai in 1st week of Aug. By end of Aug my attorney got response saying not accepting AC-140 presently.
I-824 approved around Sep20.
NVC case created on 28th Sep. Pk3 generated on 10/08.
Waiting for Pk3 forms....

The operative word in this thread is NSC and Chennai

For those who see something amiss in this thread, the service center is NSC. FYI, PRB (and others) had his 824 processed at VSC, which woke up in time. VSC was also stuck with April cases for a while, and then suddenly moved 3-4 months in 1 month.

Hopefully, NSC will do the same.

Manya, I read on another thread about you planning to e-mail Chennai. All the best, and post if you hear from them (a big IF).

NSC 824 approval waiters for Chennai CP, let\'s hope that October 31st PROCESSING TIMES have a different story from the past 6 months.

NSC and Delhi also as I have not heard of Delhi accepting AC140

Although Delhi says it does accept AC140 have not got any info on any such case in the last 3 months.

AC 140 in Chennai

Guys,

Chennai consulate says they do accept AC140 (although they don\'t state it exactly as that, but the process described is the same) for EB1 and EB2, conditionally, and EB3 on a more selective basis. My attorney said the same and infact has just applied for that. Your comments that Chennai doesnot is worrying me now !

Anybody else who has done AC140 in Chennai successfully ?

AC140 in chennai

Guys,

Chennai website says they do consider such cases (although they don\'t specifically state it as AC140). My lawyer said the same and has just sent the paperwork. Que est ?

Some Bad news Guys.....

My Lawyer called NSC to find out about the processing of 824 and was told that NSC has set "NO PRIORITY" in approving 824, transferring the case to NVC. i.e 824 has least of least priority. Their present goal is to approve 485 in 10 mths.