Between FP and Interview

vlmeda

Registered Users (C)
say if some one gets a FP notice and will their application be continued to process though the FP is not done. will INS waits for the FP to complete before they go to the next step.

Thanks

vlmeda said:
say if some one gets a FP notice and will their application be continued to process though the FP is not done. will INS waits for the FP to complete before they go to the next step.
When I called the 800 number to ask how long one has to complete FP after the FP appointment date, I was told: "It should be done as soon as possible, since it is delaying the application process"

I have wondered whether processing stops till FP is done. That is what the DO led me to believe as well. But I got my interview call (after 2nd FP being rejected). That makes me wonder if at all these processes are sequential.
My guess, the various checks and processing for interview call go on concurrently without waiting for the others. THere are enough cases in this forum where interviews are done before name check is complete. I am guessing that is possible for fingerprint check too.

Mahesh

Thanks Mahesh ! i was thinking the same thing too. do any one know how many days it will take for FP to clear and will INS wait till it gets the result. i used to work as a contract employee for an Airforce Base in San Antonio and we had to give our finger prints, i am not sure that is going to help

thanks