Best of Luck Tufan - Please Contribute your wishes

PremChopra

Registered Users (C)
I have created this thread since Tufan really deserves all the wishes, after nearly after 14 years in US he has his interview tomorrow at Charleston office.

I want to wish him from deep of my heart to walk out with a stamp and enjoy his freedom. Those of you who are new to this forum, tufan is a late 2001 I-485 filer and after almost 2-1/2 years VSC transferred his file to local center for interview, he was mad at that time and lot of people tried to calm him down, but tomorrow he has his interview and I wish that should be the last day when he has to think about all this crap.

Best of tufan

Thanks to all of you! For your Kindness.

Prem, thanks for creating the thread. It means a lot to me. Yes, that's true i have been very active on this forum when my case was stuck at Vermont. From Time to time we: The RealCanadian, cat&mouse, vinidel1, tick_tock_tick, dengdeng, waytoolong, vinnu, stuka, edison_NJ, morgon 60, rupidel, frantic, fira, vscgreen, khanbacha, morgan 60, (sorry i have forgotten anybody), all of us used to chat 6 months ago until my case got transferred and i lost all the faith. I know some of 2001 filers are sitll around. My heart goes out for everybody who has been waiting in this endless wait!!! Just how everybody who gets approved post the messae, "your time will come, please have patient as there's nothing we can do"! I would stick to that message. As anything worst could happen happend to me.

I will desperately need all of your prayers. My paperwork is in order. I have all my information since 1991. My I-20's, college degree, transcripts, practical traininig card, H-1B/H-4 approvals from previous employers. Labor/ETA-750 from present employer as well. Employer's letter, 10K reports, passport, old passport, affidavits for my wife and son. Birth Certificates for all of us. Marriage certificate. Paystubs, photos, allthough INS has not requested. Fingerprint letters. Life insurance/medical insurance proof, Original 8 H-1B approvals(I-797), 2 AP's, 2 EAD's . SS cards. Utilitiy bills, Transfer notice, lease papers, anything that's coming to my mind and i have read on forums and lawyer told me.

It almost feel like i am going on an expedition! :)
All this has been quite overwhealing for me and my family. Hopefully, all this would be over with smooth ending. I am trying to keep positive attitude. Recently, my co-worker who filed in Nov-2001 went to Charlotte, NC for interview last week. Everything for him was ok, however since his FBI Name Check was not cleared his passport was not stamped. Therefore, i am also not keeping hopes as when hopes get shattered we all know it hurts badly. For me i'll be more of a relief than excitement. It's like when you are going to India, you don't feel anything, but the moment you sit inside the plan you forget everything and feel happy. Maybe for me the outcome will tell the result.

Guys, i have one question. I can't find my oringinal birth certificate that was submitted with my I-485 three years ago. Therefore, i had a new one made from India, including the affidavits. Do you think that might be a problem?

Secondly, i my driver's license is still out of Virginia and i live in South Carolina. Would that be a issue? If i surrender my license to DMV south carolina they will take the license and verify my paperwork against USCIS and give my paper license in interim. I will loose a photo id, moreover i work for a wireless carrier and we are often stopped by police. Therefore, i did not want to loose a photo id.

Again thanks for your continued support. Sorry for the lenghty message.

Good Luck

I wish all good luck. Do not worry, you will sail through with this Toofan!! Mr. Toofan.
Birth Certificate and Notary should not be a problem.
If you have a time, go and get your new driving liscence. If not get a state id atleast.
I believe you have to get you DL changed with in 15 days of change of address. But make sure and get it done. That what I will suggest you.
Again I wish you all good luck for you stamping.

benarasibabu said:
I wish all good luck. Do not worry, you will sail through with this Toofan!! Mr. Toofan.
Birth Certificate and Notary should not be a problem.
If you have a time, go and get your new driving liscence. If not get a state id atleast.
I believe you have to get you DL changed with in 15 days of change of address. But make sure and get it done. That what I will suggest you.
Again I wish you all good luck for you stamping.
It is suggested that u get a new DL, within 3 months [as far as I know, it is 3 months in most states].
But if there is a chance that u expect to move out to another state soon or return back toViriginia, then u can keep ur old valid license.
Good Luck and God Bless.

Omgv and banarsi,

The nature of my job is that i don't even know how long my project would be in one state/city! Therefore, since my case got transferred in South Carolina, i did not want the case to get transferred again therefore, i kept a premanent home base here. My wife has South carolina license. I plan to tell the officer same. Our client is in Virginia and there's always a possibility that they can move us anytime. Therefore, looking at my situation that i am my jobs require driving and sometimes police pulls us over for the kind of equipment we have inside the car it's not worth to show a paper license as they want to see the photo id. ( as i mentioned earlier, that south carolina gives new license in 2-3 months).

the lawyer said it would be ok. Since i have other things to prove my state of residancy.

Wish you Best of Luck and I am 100% sure that you will be a winner.
I will sincerely Pray for you today and I am sure lots of other friends in this forum will add your name in there prayers too.

Good Luck Buddy and thanks Prem for creating this thread. You are really a kind person.

???

Guys, just a quick question, instead of submitting new birth certificate what if i submit just the affidavits? Does the non-avilability certificate is also required along the affidavits?

Becasue i had already submitted to USCIS copy of my oringinal, which is lost.(Original is lost).

thanks.

Madman,

I wish you ALL Good Luck !!!!

I dont think you need to produce Non-availability birth certificate. Since you also have new copies of Birth certificate,that should be good enough. I have submitted my Birth certificate (which doesnt spell my last name) along with affidavit for my case and got approved.

As far as DL, try to show your Passport (at the entrance) whenever possible if they JUST ask for any PHOTO identification. In that way,we can avoid bringing trouble of local state ID. I beleive Utiltiy bills/Bank statements should be good enough to proove your residency. (least case they will advise you to get a DL soon from SC state).

Good Luck once again

~Mad

tufan,
You can actually submit a duplicate copy of birth certificate and if they ask, tell them the originals have been lost by USCIS. If they ask for more proof, then you can show them the affidavits. My 2 Cents!
tufan said:
Guys, just a quick question, instead of submitting new birth certificate what if i submit just the affidavits? Does the non-avilability certificate is also required along the affidavits?
Becasue i had already submitted to USCIS copy of my oringinal, which is lost.(Original is lost).

thanks.

Mad and Needhelp, thanks for your advice. The reason i did not want to submit new birth certificate because NDMC(new delhi muncipal corportation) has put my name on the birth certificate. The old one did not have my name on it. Secondly, the person's handwriting is not good. Therefore, i did not want any new issues to arrise?

Here are my options:
1. Submit new birth certificate+affidavits + high school certificates.

2. Submit affidavits+high school certificates and NO non-avilablity certificate, becasue NON-AVAILIBILITY certificate states that record was not found.(Record exists and that's the reason copy of origninal was submitted).

Please suggest.... option 1 or 2?

I will stick with Option 2 , like you said the new Birth certifcate could bring up some new issue.

Also, with option 2 you can always tell UCIS officer that you submitted the Original copy while filing I-485 application.

By any chance, do you have a copy of the BC that you submitted at first sight. (if so you can very well stick with option 2).

Good Luck once again.

~Mad