• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Best jobs in America

SusieQQQ

http://money.cnn.com/pf/best-jobs/?sr=recirc022315bestjobs0930gallery

Top 100 jobs:
http://money.cnn.com/pf/best-jobs/2015/list/index.html

Fastest growing jobs:
http://money.cnn.com/gallery/pf/2015/01/27/fastest-growing-jobs-2015/index.html

I know someone posted a similar ranking not long ago but I can't find it, so sorry for a new thread rather than updating an existing one.

Same type of conclusion, IT/engineering etc and health related positions are hot.

Wow - my job title comes out at number 1 in the top 100. Cool! Not bad for an old guy with a very little educashun.

Britsimon, how realistic are contractor rates @$ 100+/ hr for BA roles these days ( assuming right skill sets/ experience)? What's are the typical rates- if you happen to know?

Hah! I read the initial post show off. To think I was actually getting an opportunity to get into computer networking... If I move to san fran can u teach me how to code? (Its a joke)

Are foreign certificates (Bsc, Msc, ...) well accepted in US?

Usually, yes. You may need to get them certified through an agency like WES. People from some countries say it is advantageous to get a US degree as well. I know a number of people from South Africa who only have SA degrees and have done very well for themselves without needing US qualifications.

Britsimon, how realistic are contractor rates @$ 100+/ hr for BA roles these days ( assuming right skill sets/ experience)? What's are the typical rates- if you happen to know?

$100+/hr is "do-able" in certain skills sets/technologies. I'm in ERP systems - and hourly rates of 100 to 150/hr are not uncommon for good independents on a corp to corp basis (niche consulting firms would bill higher than that). However, there are many body shops that pester you with offers of 60/70 per hour. I always respond "ok great - that should cover the expenses - now let's talk about the rate".

Usually, yes. You may need to get them certified through an agency like WES. People from some countries say it is advantageous to get a US degree as well. I know a number of people from South Africa who only have SA degrees and have done very well for themselves without needing US qualifications.
@SusieQQQ do I need to official transcripts to be sent or can I simply just go with my originals?

$100+/hr is "do-able" in certain skills sets/technologies. I'm in ERP systems - and hourly rates of 100 to 150/hr are not uncommon for good independents on a corp to corp basis (niche consulting firms would bill higher than that). However, there are many body shops that pester you with offers of 60/70 per hour. I always respond "ok great - that should cover the expenses - now let's talk about the rate".
seems B.Simon is doing well.
Tax rate for this income bracket?

seems B.Simon is doing well.
Tax rate for this income bracket?

Just FYI there is state income tax too, ranging from zero to (I think) 9% over and above the federal income tax.

I'm sure contractors have very many expenses to write off against their tax though ;)

Just FYI there is state income tax too, ranging from zero to (I think) 9% over and above the federal income tax.

I'm sure contractors have very many expenses to write off against their tax though ;)

I'm a poor employee now - but yeah as a contractor you offset expenses.

Thanks for the links SusieQQQ, like Britsimon my job is rated number 1:D that is very encouraging
guys I have question, How is calculated your net salary for example if I take the 124,000$ salary how much will go in your pocket?
It may seems stupid but in France for 124,000 you effectively have 96,700 in your pocket and then have to pay income tax. In the US income tax is already paid before you get your check, right?

Thanks,

Thanks for the links SusieQQQ, like Britsimon my job is rated number 1:D that is very encouraging
guys I have question, How is calculated your net salary for example if I take the 124,000$ salary how much will go in your pocket?
It may seems stupid but in France for 124,000 you effectively have 96,700 in your pocket and then have to pay income tax. In the US income tax is already paid before you get your check, right?

Thanks,

When you start employment you fill out a form to say how many allowances you want to take. An allowance could be for having 1 child. If you have more children you might add allowances. Each "allowance" you add will reduce the amount of money you have witheld by your employer. To an extent you can therefore decide how much tax to pay during the year. Most people overpay - and then get a refund at tax time.

The calculator you linked is useful because states charge different tax levels - so the net pay could vary.