Benificiary 485 Approval

alien2be

Hello,

I have my 485 approved and got my PP stamped and recieved my card about 3 weeks back. But my wife's 485 is still pending. she has finger printing done in April and ever since i haven't heard from VSC, Will the Eb3 visa numbrs affect her case.

I got curious and called VSC and i was told that her 485 should have been approved along with mine and for some reason the file was not merged. I am curios to know if i have to wait till visa numbers become available to get her 485 approved.

Thanks

Your PD and your dependents PD are one and the same. So as long as they have a visa number available ( which they do in your case), they have a visa number available for your dependent.

So nothing to worry about retrogression or visa numbers availability for your dependent.

Its simply that her file got separated and you should call them back to complain.

If you are under EB3 category then your wife got to wait till oct 2005 when visa # becomes available.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have two conflicting answers :) so i guess i may have to take a thrid opinion. BTW is there any Doc that would throw some light on this kind of a scenario.

Thanks for the Replies

My husband is waiting for his I-485 approval.

I am the primary applicant and my 485 got approved in December 2004 !

We have found out that his FBI name check is complete and we still don't know what's holding up his case.

My attorney is of the opinion that we have to wait until October 1, 2005 for sure, and maybe much longer, depending on when my priority date becomes current.

LC_Virginia.