Beleive or not: PD & RD are same

assur

Registered Users (C)
I received interview letter from NBC, in this letter I-797C
Receipt Date=DEC 2004
Priority Date=DEC 2004
Actually my PD is DEC 2001.
In different web/forums, similar situations have been posted.

I think and assume, the cases are being processed by RD and ignoring PD.
I am not sure do they have access to my I-140 or unable to resolve PD.
Through I485 filling to transfer to TSC, NBC, the PD block was always empty.

Interesting...
could you please post....
Country ?
What catagory...
What is the transfered Date to TSC
What is the last LUD of yours

Based on what I understand, PD is used only to determine a cut-off date for visa bulletin calculations - which means it decides whether your case will be considered "current" as per the cut-off date in the current visa bulletin. Once that is done, only the RD is used to determine order of processing.

Interesting...
could you please post....
Country ?
What catagory...
What is the transfered Date to TSC
What is the last LUD of yours
Pakistan, EB2, 3/7/2007, 6/30/2007
marooned42 said:
Based on what I understand, PD is used only to determine a cut-off date for visa bulletin calculations - which means it decides whether your case will be considered "current" as per the cut-off date in the current visa bulletin. Once that is done, only the RD is used to determine order of processing.
Make sense, therefore, applications are processed based on RD not PD from the stage of filling to adjudication.
So in the RD cases, it is a new direction of USCIS to process, allocate visa numbers old filers irrespective to PD and country.

So in the RD cases, it is a new direction of USCIS to process, allocate visa numbers old filers irrespective to PD and country.

PD comes into play only for "oversubscribed" countries. In your case, your RD is all that would count (I think) in determining when your case is adjudicated.

Again, I don't know if, to ensure that all adjudicators aren't busy handling only cases from India/China/Mexico/Phillipines, USCIS does some kind of weighted round-robin algorithm to handle cases from all countries such that the "currently being processed" RD for each country is different. There's no such indication in the visa bulletin, and the Adjudicator's Field Manual isn't a PDF so I can't search through it. Perhaps someone else with more knowledge on this can pitch in.

We see many approvals for EB2
and EB3 approvals were very thin, despite the fact that there were many EB3 candidates pending...

Great man,

I received interview letter from NBC, in this letter I-797C
Receipt Date=DEC 2004
Priority Date=DEC 2004
Actually my PD is DEC 2001.
In different web/forums, similar situations have been posted.

I am not sure do they have access to my I-140 or unable to resolve PD.
Through I485 filling to transfer to TSC, NBC, the PD block was always empty.

seems something is really cooking ....btw, what's NBC... you mean Nebraska, if so, how come you got from Nebraska the interview letter when yours is pending at TSC...

PD comes into play only for "oversubscribed" countries. In your case, your RD is all that would count (I think) in determining when your case is adjudicated.

Again, I don't know if, to ensure that all adjudicators aren't busy handling only cases from India/China/Mexico/Phillipines, USCIS does some kind of weighted round-robin algorithm to handle cases from all countries such that the "currently being processed" RD for each country is different. There's no such indication in the visa bulletin, and the Adjudicator's Field Manual isn't a PDF so I can't search through it. Perhaps someone else with more knowledge on this can pitch in.
Let me take a real current example for interview/processing purpose.
Two applications from NBC sent to Newark NJ, one is mine (EB2-ROW), the other one is EB3-India, both having the RD Dec 2004. The EB3 cases PD is in 2002. NBC took DEC 2004 cases and sent for interview regardless of cat & chargeability country.
Second, TSC can send cases directly to local office, but I think all centers are sending cases to NBC and NBC is now again sorting cases based on RD and rerouting to relevant local offices. This way the old cases/filers backlog can be eliminated. I am still not sure my security checks have been completed or not. It seems a new direction for processing.

Srichalam...
Nazar nahi yar....
For EB3 cases, they also need to compete with Mexico...skilled labor...in ROW quota....where is in EB2...it is pretty cool...being less Mexico guys....in that area...hope you got my point...

srichalam, National Benefits Center.
Now an active center to sort/schedule/reroute cases to local offices, if interview is required.
I have a strong feeling and evidence, regardless of country, category, the old filers are in the processing queues. This is an evidence of development of Century 21 services from USCIS. To process all cases FIFO, to reorganize future applications, better coordination among centers and local offices, followup, tracking. The categories, PD were designed to process in different queues but useless, everone is getting delayed.

srichalam, National Benefits Center.
Now an active center to sort/schedule/reroute cases to local offices, if interview is required.
I have a strong feeling and evidence, regardless of country, category, the old filers are in the processing queues. This is an evidence of development of Century 21 services from USCIS. To process all cases FIFO, to reorganize future applications, better coordination among centers and local offices, followup, tracking. The categories, PD were designed to process in different queues but useless, everone is getting delayed.

ahh.. that make sense.. reason in my case I-485 was filed on 04/12/07 and receipt has Priority Date column empty though I ported my priority date of dec 2000.. I think USCIS may consider only RD if case is accepted for Adjudicate.. I may be wrong..

Priority Date is empty in I-485

Assur :

I remember you from 2002 labor forums when for some reason a bunch of applications from NJ area were delayed for no apparent reason when 2003 cases were being cleared...

Am in the same boat as you - my case was transferred from VSC to TSC on March 15 and in June got transferred back to VSC for an interview. I still haven't got the interview dates. I went back at looked at all the notices beginning with the I-485 receipt notice and in none of the notices the Priority date is mentioned (it has been left blank). The only date that is mentioned is the RD Aug 2005. My PD is Feb 2002, EB2/India (NC cleared Feb 2007).

I have a feeling that a batch of files processed for labor during Oct 2001-Oct 2002 got misplaced and hence these cases have taken a slow track. What do you think ?

Also, how long did it take to get the interview scheduled from the time of notice ?