Begging for advice on a shoplifting and immigration case! Please help desperate!

maru1

On June 14, 2004 I went to the mall to look for some furniture, I
got on the wrong floor and went to look at the clothes. I
went to try them on, and for some unexplainable reason, I made the
terrible decision of taking three items.

One I concealed under my clothes, the other two in my
children's stroller. In total about $80.

I know what I did is shamefull, specially while having my
children with me. I honestly feel like the worst mothes of all. When
I realized what I was doing was wrong and wanted to put the
items back, it was too late.

I decided to buy some candy for my kids so that
I would be able to go back to the fitting room and return
the merchandise. Unfortunately, I was stopped by
security...I was still inside the store.

They took me to a room and one lady told me to take
my shirt off and give her the merchandise. She also told
me to give her the ones in the stroller. I was in shock!

I know what I did is all my fault and can't
blame this on any one but me. I said I was very sorry
and to give me a chance, I could pay for the
merchandise but they wouldn't help me and called the police.

When the police arrived, they took all my info and I told
him I was very sorry and had no idea why I did what
I did.

He didn't handcuffed me or take my fingerprints or picture only the store
photographed me.

I'm very ashamed for my actions and all I put my family
through, this is the first time I do sucha thing and will
never do again, I have a lot to lose. I let my kids down
and my husband as well, I had a clen record until now.

I would like to know what are the chances of having this
charges dissmised, my husband went to the store and they
said,they couldn't do anything.

I'm just graduate from college and wouldn't like my future being ruined for a stupid mistake. I also don't want to ruin my
husband's career. I learned my lesson the hard way. My kids
are my priority. I know what I did is wrong. I don't want to be a bad
role model for my kids and don't want to be categorized as a
criminal for a stupid decison. I don't know why I did it.
I'm just been so tired depressd that's the only reason,I
can think for doing this. I know this is no excuse but I
really need some adivce. PLESE HELP!!!!

On top of everything I went for my citizenship interview
and told the officer that I was accused of shoplifting. I
told him the items were in the stroller and that I was
still inside the store. He gave me some paper work that I
need to send back when th case is solved. The only way to
avoid denial of application is to get the chagres
dissmised. I don't know what to do. I know I can't be
deported since I have been a resident since '89. Is there
any wayI can still be approved if put on a pre-trail
diversion porgram. I haven't recieved anything in the mail yet and live in Michigan. :confused: Please help with any inshight!

Thanks,
MARU

i wish- i had read this earlier..my advice would have been to not say anything at all............
i am not going to judge you..i will let that be up to God..i think that as human beings ...we all do all sorts of things that we ..having second thoughts wish we didn't do...sometimes doing stupid shitty stuff is just that ......Hell..it's life ..we all make mistakes...........And no- you are not evil...you realize the errors of your ways..alittle late but atleast you know now.......
i am confused..were you arrested...because you stated that you were not fingerprinted..which if you were you would have been..so technically,You do not have a criminal record..and can still get what you are after...
i think that you got nervous..and had feelings of guilt..you decided to come clean ..and you opened your mouth and spilled the beans..so to speak...i would if. i were you see a lawyer...
I think that this matter can be resolved..you don't have a criminal history..unless i am wrong and have just fed me some horse shit....Good luck :rolleyes:

ok...having taken over by the anger demon..i am glad that i have found clarity..i will say that i am totally sorry for my comments to Joef...........
i will take all your comments with a grain of salt!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

maru1, You used children's stoller to steal clothes at a shop? Shame on you. How low can people like you sink? You are the kind of people we need to keep out of the immigration process. If you cheat with children's stroller, you will not think twice to do other malicious things.

Nicole69, I agree with you in most parts. Except, I prefer to make a judgement here. After all, it is because of scum bags like maru1, the immigration processes take long time since the officers need to weed out good from bad.

JoeF, What can I say? You have not said anything useful on this board. You have shown your "more holy than thou" attitude in every thread. Folks like Nicole69 correctly identify your BS. JoeF, you are a software programmer. Go write code and don't dispense immigration advice of which you have no training or knowledge.

I don't know whether you got your isssues resolved or not. Get a lawyer to talk to the city attorney and demonstrate in general a clean past. The city might agree to put you in probation or something and have the charges reduced to loitering or something of that nature. You will end up having to pay fines and court fees. After that your record should show "no conviction" on the charges.

alren said:
I don't know whether you got your isssues resolved or not. Get a lawyer to talk to the city attorney and demonstrate in general a clean past. The city might agree to put you in probation or something and have the charges reduced to loitering or something of that nature. You will end up having to pay fines and court fees. After that your record should show "no conviction" on the charges.

it was happend to some folks I know. 6 months probation.. important thing is u have to pursue the case with attorney/police officer.

lohith said:
it was happend to some folks I know. 6 months probation.. important thing is u have to pursue the case with attorney/police officer.
precisely what I said in my post ...

I have a typical case here

Me and my wife went shopping to a mall and we went in Macys. After we were done shopping and paying the stuff. We thought of buying some more. We got separated and looking for me my wife accidently step out of macys in to the mall looking for me as I was carrying the wallet. There was no such intention but somehow one of the store guy saw the activity and stopped my wife. We explained him the situationa and they took us to the camera room and ask us to sign on some papers. He called manager and she ask him to let us got with just Civil Liablity..no arrest no cops no fingerprint. We got a letter from their attorney and ask us to pay $300 fine. I paid that.

Does this situation fit in any kind of crime..misdeamenour or felony. My wife is in India and we have i-551 stamp. Will it cause at the point of Entry? do we have to declare anything?...I am just worried.I also met the same person after few days and asked him about the situation.He said you were not convicted/arrested and there is no criminal record. You dont have to declare anything.

Please help on this.

need help. we had a misdeameanor and maximum panelty was some $ fine and no jail time. instead of paying fine and taking conviction on record, we got out taking middle road of community program (no contest) and completed in 1 month. records are sealed and case dismissed.
DO WE NEED AN ATTORNEY REPRESENTATION DURING AN INTERVIEW OR IT WILL BE SAFE TO GO ON OUR OWN? WOULD ANYONE PLEASE LET US KNOW ASAP.

rani4001