Beggers are not choosers

GC_ka_jhanjhat

Registered Users (C)
I agree that I am average ( or may be below average ) but like to live in this 'better' place as opportunity comes. Is li ye ye jhan jhat. Only thing I want was let us be grateful to this country, besides loving India.

But I am writing against people who boast them selves and feel like carrying US on their shoulders. My answer was against those people.
many people here are against the natives
saying they are wasting time in thanks giving days
IIO sucks, INS is lazy , late, I cannot wait this delay etc ...

Be thankful to what they are offering..... It is not our right to get GC. Native People are being denied an opportunity. I say they are magnanimous. Ackoledge that. Learn from them many things like : having patience, respect and recognise others ideas, give due credit to other, maintain time, etc...

Beggers are not choosers.

agree with you

nobody wants to absorb good habits/culture/tradition etc of this country, i guess that's human nature, we are never satisfied with what we have.

atleast thankful to INS or USA.
I know we do provide our sevices to this country, but still we need them badly.
just imagine what would you do in india?

Please note: I am not trying to start any nonsense conversation here.

GC

Stop talking like losers.
The US needs you and that is why they are offering this opportunity to you. It is a fair and equal exchange. There is no need to be too grateful here. You think they would have given you a chance if they had not needed your skills? By making these kind of statements you are only diminishing your capabilities and skills. As for the natives, it is not our fault that they are unwilling to do what it takes to get the skills to become programmers etc.. And those natives who have the skills are in better positions than most of us are. So make the best of this oportunity without feeling guilty. The US is merciless when it comes to their needs. I see no reason why we should be anything but proud for what we achieve.

I agree partly with all the previous posters. Yes those of us who obtain employment based green cards are certainly not beggars, but at the same time do we not woe something to this country?

One major problem that I see is the resistance among immigrant groups to acculturate, if this trend continues ist is not good for the US.

There was massive immigration from Eastern and Southern Europe in the end of the 19th and the beginning of the 20th century, these people were looked down upon by the then native WASPs but eventually they integrated culturally and that enhanced the strenght and unity of the United States

Mr. Jhat

Mr. Jhat if you belive you are a begger then i think you have better future in INDIA then here. There are more oppurtunity for you there..

Stop calling everyone a begger.. we have full right what we are getting. we are capable thats why most of us Got GC..

Re: GC

Originally posted by Ram Mohoni
Stop talking like losers.
The US needs you and that is why they are offering this opportunity to you. It is a fair and equal exchange. There is no need to be too grateful here. ...

It's true you made a deal with them yesterday, but that doesn't automatically guarantee today and tomorrow. Your service are paid accordingly along the road and they have no obligation to let you stay forever.

So we don't have the upperhand in this case.

None of us are begging

Hello All,

I do not agree... I like so many others have filed i485 under EB2 just read the eligibility requirements, if this is not proof enough!!
go on and read the EB1 eligibility requirements.

http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/howdoi/eligibility2.htm

The EB-2 classification includes: aliens who are "members of the professions holding advanced degrees or their equivalent" and aliens "who because of their exceptional ability in the sciences, arts, or business will substantially benefit the national economy who because of their exceptional ability in the sciences, arts, or business will substantially benefit the national economy, cultural, or educational interests or welfare of the United States."

I guess you will change ur attitude towards urself,
The only higher level that I could applied for is under EB1 (for which I would need a "Nobel Prize" or Equiv,

http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/howdoi/eligibility.htm

So I am proud of where I am, was and will be and I think I deserve every bit of it. and I am sure most of us feel the same way.

Certainly we are not beggars

Though we are getting GC's under the employer sponsored category, we certainly deserve it. Its a trade. We worked for 4 or 5 years and proved that we are qualified and our extended stay here is beneficial for the country too. Thats why INS/the Govt. gives us the GC - so that we will be here for a long time helping their economy.

Calling ourselves as beggars only reminds me of our inferiority complex - the complex that we have for decades, our servitude towards all things western.

Though we become a part of this country after the GC, there is no need for us to mingle with them and lose our identity. Mingle with them but don't lose your identity. Be proud of your heritage. In my 5 years, I have seen people who disavow India, who think and talk as if they were born and brought up for few centuries in this country, they make me sick. They forget one thing for sure - that their qualification to get the GC was provided by their education and upbringing in India.

Ram Mohoni

What are you talking about?

If anything, the US needs cheap labor like construction workers, cleaners, nurses, etc...
These jobs can not be exported.
On the other hand, IT workers can do their job in other countries for the US companies.
Ironically, the low paid jobs are done by illegal immigrants, which deserve to get GC before you based on the need.
Unfortunately for them, they do not have powerful lobbists to work for them.
This is the only difference between you and them.
And please, stop call yourself skilled worker, it does not take whole lot to learn typing.

I agree with almost free, I can teach coding to a monkey if that monkey can find ways to relate things. IT professionals are nothing more than blue collar workers. If a profession can be picked up by almost anyone like ( those fake degree holders from Andhra) it ain't skilled profession.

To almost_free and ShantanuB

Guys,
Illegal Mexican workers have been given amnesty twice and the current administration is all set to legalize another 5 million of the unskilled workers. Talk about not having a "powerful lobby".
As for teaching a monkey how to code; well ShantanuB you just spoke for yourself!! And stop casting aspersions on the folks from Andhra. They are as capable as you are , if not more.

sTOP THIS

Please stop such kind of ridiculous discussion. Let's be proud what we are. I dont know about some of you guys what you are. But I do not consider myself as begger just because I want to green card.

In fact neither they are issuing green card, nor we are begging it. It is for mutual benifits.