Before sending application

emmaemmamamama

Registered Users (C)
1. Do I need a medical exam? I read some threads on here said I should have it before sending application and some have it done after they got their interview notice... which one is better? I'd rather do it in end of May because my school insurance will still cover it.

2. On the application on both 485 and 131, it ask me my I-94 record, it didn't have an expiration date on it, so what should I put on the expiration date?

3. And the situation is I had an I-94 when I travel to Europe and came back through NY. But I also visited Vancouver B.C., they never changed the I-94, it's still the one I had when I entered NY, on the place and time of the last entry to US, do I write the place I entered when I had the trip to vancouver or NY?

Thank you very much for your time!!

4. I was also reading the Interview FAQ posted in this forum about the "stokes" interview... we didn't have our parents in our wedding, we only had two witnesses, my friend and my husband's friend. But we are planning to have a big wedding in both Hong Kong and the U.S. Is the interviewer going to deny us just because it seems we want to keep it a secret from our parents?? (well, my parents knew that already but they can't come since they are not in the U.S, and my husband's family doesn't know, and he wants to let them know when we have our real wedding reception. ) and it said in the FAQ, the more people, the better, I am really scared! considering we only have two people

I guess medical need to be sent along with the other forms. I got an RFE for not sending medical with the other forms.

1. Yes. Submit your I-693 together with your I-485 & I-130 or you'll get an RFE which will delay your application.

2. Put "F-1 D/S" or "D/S" is good enough.

3. I believe it should be NY. Vancouver BC is not a part of the U.S.

4. I don't think it would be a big problem as long as you have enough joint evidences to prove your marriage is bonafide.

Good luck!

1. Do I need a medical exam? I read some threads on here said I should have it before sending application and some have it done after they got their interview notice... which one is better? I'd rather do it in end of May because my school insurance will still cover it.
You will need a medical exam. As a general rule health insurance won't pay for it unless you have extremely good insurance (and as a general rule school health insurance sucks), as you have to go to a specific surgeon to have this medical done. There is a list of civil surgeons that will do this medical on the USCIS website.

3. And the situation is I had an I-94 when I travel to Europe and came back through NY. But I also visited Vancouver B.C., they never changed the I-94, it's still the one I had when I entered NY, on the place and time of the last entry to US, do I write the place I entered when I had the trip to vancouver or NY?
You put in the last place you entered the USA. If the last place you went to was Vancouver, you need to put where you re-entered the USA after that trip.

4. I was also reading the Interview FAQ posted in this forum about the "stokes" interview... we didn't have our parents in our wedding, we only had two witnesses, my friend and my husband's friend. But we are planning to have a big wedding in both Hong Kong and the U.S. Is the interviewer going to deny us just because it seems we want to keep it a secret from our parents?? (well, my parents knew that already but they can't come since they are not in the U.S, and my husband's family doesn't know, and he wants to let them know when we have our real wedding reception. ) and it said in the FAQ, the more people, the better, I am really scared! considering we only have two people
Don't worry about Stokes until it happens (it most likely won't). Just gather all your evidence, you'll be fine. The interview generally is a breeze, don't sweat it. If you marriage is based on love, you will be fine.

Thanks very much for your answer!

Can someone please clarify that for me....
Before filing the application, I NEED:

I-130 for my husband (including evidence that prove a bona fide marriage)

I-485 for myself

G-325A for me and my husband (Is it different than the biometric? I am kind of confused!)

I-765, I-131 for me (still don't know if I should file for travel doc. since I probably won't be going anywhere in maybe half a year, don't want to waste more $$)

I-693 for me JUST found out today I need that, good thing I found this forum:)

I-864- I'm still very confused about this, the affidavit of support is filed by my husband right? IS IT A MUST to file that with my 130 and 485? I didn't see a lot of people talking about this form. But I posted another thread before about my husband and I are both college students, and someone said if we're not 125% above poverty limit, we need a co-sponsor.... WHO can be a co-sponsor (my husband's family doesn't know he's married, so we can ask his family) ??? and when do we know we need a co-sponsor? should we do it before we file application so we don't want to delay the process?
And IF we are above poverty limit, does my husband STILL need to file the affidavit of support??? I'm very very confused, because I don't see on the instructions of the application forms on 130 and 485, and don't see a lot of people talking about this form. PLEASE HELP!

thanks A BUNCH AGAIN!

I-864: The US citizen spouse needs to be the main sponsor and must file this form with everything else. Your husband has to fill out this form whether or not his earnings meet the poverty guidelines. Note that if you live together you can include your earnings (if you have any) too meet the poverty guidelines.

If your earnings don't meet the povertly level, a co-sponsor must be found. A co-sponsor can be any willing US resident, so a friend or family member could be a co-sponsor.

If you can't meet the requirements of I-864 through either your combined earnings or a co-sponsor, you will not get a Green Card. Its very important to resolve this before submitting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dr_lha:

Thank you very much!

Actually, my husband lost money in stock market, and he's filing for tax return, he said if he filed that then he probably won't meet the limit. However, my father gave me about $32000 per year or $11,000 each quarter for my tuition and everything. Can I use that as the support? I am not sure if I can put that down, because I don't pay tax on that....

So do I have to give bank statement to show my Dad give me money each quarter?

Thanks again..... I hope to resolve this asap before I submit my application!

Take the time to read the I-864 instructions. The US spouse must show that income is at or above the federal poverty guideline. Assets are a way to do it also.

If it is just the 2 of you, income would need to be $16,500 annually.

Here is the website for I864 and poverty guidelines.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=2f719c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1____

Here is the website for civil surgeons.

https://egov.immigration.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=CIV

Last edited by a moderator: