Became Citizen today

pinto19

Registered Users (C)
The journey is over. Went to my Oath Ceremony today and as of 11:15 I am now a USC. My step son (he is only 10) used to ask me why I didnt say the pledge of allegience in his school plays and such and had to explain to him that I wasnt a USC and I didnt have to. But he was happy that I became a citizen today, well I was happy too. Now will start the process to bring my parents over here. The ceremony was very nice, they even had a reception at the end where they had catered lunch and cakes and all. There were supposed to be 28 ppl but one didnt show up. Overall it was a very enjoyable and well organized ceremony.

Congrats!!!

Congratulations! What did you say? They had food at your oath ceremony. What DO/city are you talking about? Must be an awfully nice DO!

citizen2006 said:
Can you post your timeline please.
PD Aug 5, 2004
FP Sep 7th, 2004
Int March 1st 2005
Got oath letter March 27th, 2005
Oath Ceremony April 22nd, 2005
Sent App to VSC, Interview in Pittsburgh, PA, Oath in Clarksburgh, WV (20 min from where I live)

sg_orl said:
Congratulations! What did you say? They had food at your oath ceremony. What DO/city are you talking about? Must be an awfully nice DO!
The ceremony was really nice. The Fed Judge was nice as well. We had a local priest open ceremony with a prayer, Had the local boyscout group come in and do the Pledge of Allegience, the motion to approve citizen by the USCIS officer who travelled from the Pittsburgh office and the motion was granted by the Judge. A lady sang the national anthem and the God bless the US song and then the Oath was administered by the Court clerk, we only had to say I do( I thought we had to repeat the oath by we didnt had to). Later we received our cert along with letter from the President, copy of the Constitution and Declaration of Ind, flower and US flag. The Judge and the priest gave speaches and we were done. We had cake and lunch in the main hallway. Even the Judge came out and had lunch with us and took pictures and gave interview with the reporters. It was a very very nice ceremony, my wife was very moved by all this. She was glad that she went with me and so did the kids.

Congrats to anyone elso who had ceremony today and good luck to every one else who are in the process of it. The long wait was worth it. On a side note my wife asked me why I looked sad at times as if I lost something. I told her I felt like I was giving up my Bangladesh citizenship. (I know Bangladesh is a 3rd world country and it has its problem, but it still was my birthplace and I will always cherish that.)

Sorry about the rambling and good luck to everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats man!!!!!!

I too got Citizenship today, very happy.

My timeline as follows:

PD: January 3rd 2005
FD: February 1st 2005
Interview: April 5th 2005
Oath: April 22nd 2005

buster said:
Congrats man!!!!!!

I too got Citizenship today, very happy.

My timeline as follows:

PD: January 3rd 2005
FD: February 1st 2005
Interview: April 5th 2005
Oath: April 22nd 2005

** congratulations to all !!
** what city,state are fou from ?

Congratulations to both of you! :)
And good luck with your future adventures with the immigration!

pinto19 said:
The ceremony was really nice. The Fed Judge was nice as well. We had a local priest open ceremony with a prayer, Had the local boyscout group come in and do the Pledge of Allegience, the motion to approve citizen by the USCIS officer who travelled from the Pittsburgh office and the motion was granted by the Judge. A lady sang the national anthem and the God bless the US song and then the Oath was administered by the Court clerk, we only had to say I do( I thought we had to repeat the oath by we didnt had to). Later we received our cert along with letter from the President, copy of the Constitution and Declaration of Ind, flower and US flag. The Judge and the priest gave speaches and we were done. We had cake and lunch in the main hallway. Even the Judge came out and had lunch with us and took pictures and gave interview with the reporters. It was a very very nice ceremony, my wife was very moved by all this. She was glad that she went with me and so did the kids.

Congrats to anyone elso who had ceremony today and good luck to every one else who are in the process of it. The long wait was worth it. On a side note my wife asked me why I looked sad at times as if I lost something. I told her I felt like I was giving up my Bangladesh citizenship. (I know Bangladesh is a 3rd world country and it has its problem, but it still was my birthplace and I will always cherish that.)

Sorry about the rambling and good luck to everyone.
Bangladesh doesn't allow dual citizenship?

pinto19 said:
The journey is over. Went to my Oath Ceremony today and as of 11:15 I am now a USC. My step son (he is only 10) used to ask me why I didnt say the pledge of allegience in his school plays and such and had to explain to him that I wasnt a USC and I didnt have to. But he was happy that I became a citizen today, well I was happy too. Now will start the process to bring my parents over here. The ceremony was very nice, they even had a reception at the end where they had catered lunch and cakes and all. There were supposed to be 28 ppl but one didnt show up. Overall it was a very enjoyable and well organized ceremony.

Pinto -

I will be eligible for citizenship in Sept 2006. I am in DC. So, probably my CIS center will be Vermont and I will be eligible for citizenship in 6 months. Can you please share with me the process of bringing my parents over. I am from Kolkata, India and my parents live there as well. What is the fastest way to process the application? Do they first have to apply for a green card and then for citizenship? Please let me know.

Thanks,
Braja.