Be prepared for delay - another TPS extension!!!

GC012002

Hummmm!!

Thats not a good news. Anyway, thanks for posting this info. At least, we can prepare for more delays in approval.

Bob

Relax!!

I dont think this is the kind of registration you had for arab/muslim countries , Where the BCIS had to follow strict guidelines and adherance

This is more of a voluntary basis for the people from countries mentioned.

I am pretty sure BCIS will not be loaded or deviated because of this .

Guys be positive in life good for you and your heart!!!

SVSS - we learned from what happened in service centers when TPS extension was extended. Here are samples from VSC and TSC:

VSC - January 2003:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A recent effort to meet TPS deadlines has resulted in reassigning of resources to this caseload. Resources were pulled from most all form types, resulting in additional delays for many of the applications/petitions. The center expects to complete the TPS applications by the end of January.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TSC - March 2003:
Temporary Protective Service (TPS) Project

There is a deadline on I-765 El Salvador TPS cases. These cases must be completed by March 9, 2003. The two-month window receipts for these cases were enormous. To meet the timeline it was necessary to shift resources to this effort. This is only a temporary measure that will slightly affect productivity.
Cases past the processing due dates, and cases for which principals have been approved but family members are awaiting action, will be processed immediately upon termination of the TPS project. Age-out cases continue to be processed.

The problem with TPS is it receives a higher mandate from congress, thus higher priority to meet the deadline, unlike other cases like I-485 or N-400.

There is a difference between the TPS extension now and the TPS expiration for Angola at the end of Jan-2003.

The INS had to work on the Angola cases because if they didn't approve/deny them in time than the poor folks from Angola would loose the grounds for their GC application (i.e., people from Angola no longer considered worth protecting).

The case now is actually the opposite. People from Honduras and Nicaragua will be protected longer and have therefore even more time to file. Therefore, the BCIS is not pressured to expedite these cases. Also, the EAD cards of these people are automatically extended, so there won't be more work for the BCIS to work on EAD extensions.

I think that this should have no effect on proccessing times for our cases at all!

helge,hope u r right

thanks for some explaination. my poor heart cannot take any more bad news. :(