Be OPTIMISTIC not PESSIMISTIC

ForrestGump

Registered Users (C)
Congrats RZRBCK!!!

Guys who criticize rzrbck, do you achieve anything in doing so?. NO.
Everyone in this forum want to hear the magic words.

Do the processing centers go by RD, ND or EAC?. Even though they say yes, there are hundreds of IIO\'s working on 1000\'s of cases. As you guys now, each one process at his own speed.

So the reality is, you can only estimate and definitely there will be variation in the APPROVAL process.

So congratulate Mr. rzybck and wait for our turn.

I am not pinpointing anyone, I am just worrited these kind of negative influences will refrain the APPROVERS from getting their APPROVALS posted.

Thanks a lot,

No Title

I think you lack sense of grasping, nobody here is unhappy that he is approved only thing people are questioning is his RD and ND.
No one in VSC who has a RD in MAY has his ND in MAY this makes this particular case unbelievable.

No Title

The reason we post approvals on this board is to help other I-485 waiters to estimate the pace at INS and expect what will happen to his or her own application. The last thing we want is incorrect information. As we are all happy for those who indeed got their I-485 approvals, we cannot tolerate a few who abuse this board and post false information.

I\'m not saying that this guy\'s posting is definitely false, although I think that 99% of the chance it is not true. It\'s not a matter of being optimistic or pessimistic; rather, it\'s about objectivity and fairness to all who are loyal to this bulletin board. Every posting has to be responsible. On the other hand, everyone who reads this board ought to think logically, based on facts and laws, not on impulses.

I agree. My details are very close to the guy who got approved,

except for the fact that RD is a month before. We don\'t doubt his approval, what we doubt is his RD or EAC #.

Can\'t be true

I think his dates are not true.
NO ONE WITH RD MAY HAS ND MAY.
My RD is 04/18,ND 06/29 and EAC-01-214-XXXXX

I think he messed up with RD.

Any way congrats rzybck.

Guys...

I agree with some good points people made at this board that we are all trying to help each other by posting correct information here, and we should not tolerate any kind of abusement of false information. However, it\'s not wise to accuse some as a liar or something is false just because what they posted do not match our expectation or regular rules! Isn\'t that why we are trying to post info here so we can try to get a better idea of what\'s going on with VSC? If everything is supposed to progress in a certain pace, there is really no need to exchange our info here - cuase what you need to do is just wait for your turn!

Yet, I\'m not saying we can\'t suspect the postings - we should always keep our mind clear and raise questions when it sees fit. But be very careful with our tone cause someone might get hurt by wrongly accused, and it might also discourage people from posting here cause they might be afraid of being attacked on this board. If this is the case, what do we do good to ourselves?

And about the "logic"... I don\'t it applies to VSC... Just a thought.

I agree sometimes it becomes annoying message but

ppl have curiosity and they want to know in details. Just look at his PD (I believe it was in 97), he\'s already been waiting for such a long time... Wish him all the best and congratulate him. If he lied to us, I don\'t see there is any problem with it ( at least no effect on me because I learn not to eat, drink and sleep with GC, GC is part of my life) We always get the same question when one is posted his/her approval. It\'s based on RD or ND, I140 CP or AOS, when was the date of FP, did he use EAD or H1B? What is the EAC #, did he call IIO? Maybe we should create a proper format for the approval posting, what do you think?

No one\'s calling anyone a liar

What we contest is the accuracy of the information based on what we know so far. We all know that the three digit number in a receipt number is calculated based on the number of business days elapsed between Oct 1st of any year and the ND. The particular receipt number did not tally with the ND posted by the concerned party. Perhaps the person has his/her informatio wrong. That\'s all we are trying to say!

Its an easy mistake many people make

In my finger print notice the ND is mentioned as RD. I think it is a similar problem

Look at this link at someone with April end RD and July RD just got approved

Look at this link at someone with April end RD and July RD just got approved

i485-waiting "April case approved" 2/6/02 10:23am

For WheresMahGreen

When I said we should not accuse people as a liar, I didn\'t mean you. There are people accusing this guy as a liar if you ever read through all the postings on this board. That\'s why I posted this message. I made it very clear that I agreed we should try to ask questions when there is something unclear, but attacking/accusing people without hard evidence is absolutly not necessary. I hope you understand what I mean. Fighting is the last thing I want here. Reading this board is one of my favorite thing while waiting endlessly here for my gc to get approved.

Good luck to you, too.

What\'s your point?

These two are two different cases. i485-waiting seems real because there is a gap between RD and ND for April/May filers. Besides, VSC processes cases by RD -- many people have verified that with different IIOs.

Being Credulous and Being Optimistic are two different things

Shuning715: While we should refrain from using offensive words, we need to be able to raise questions and contest inconsistencies. We don\'t have hard evidence to prove that this guy\'s posting was wrong; however, basing on statistics and information from different sources, we can deduce that the posting was not true. One just cannot bindly believe everything other people say -- that simply does not fall into the definition of optimism.

GC_Kool...

Yes, and no, GC_Kool. :-}

No, we should not blindly believe what the others said, but when we don\'t have a hard evidence about things suspicious, the best way to deal with it is not to jump to a conclusion but to ask questions until we can prove it\'s authentication.

Basically I believe it\'s really simple to avoid conflicts - don\'t use the absolute tone to say something like "He\'s lying." or "It\'s not true!" unless you are really sure about it. On the other hand, when you got some prove, don\'t hesitate to tell people. Sometimes I saw people trying to disclose false posting by giving links to other messages posted by the same person and I applause them!

Honestly I don\'t usually say anything but read posting on this board. And I think I\'m nobody to tell people what to do, but I really want it to be a pleasant experience to visit immigrationportal, and I believe that\'s also what most of the people here like to see.

Good luck to everyone!