BCIS Scan@Home project

nikbert

Registered Users (C)
Ok, what we need is a BCISScan@Home distributed (grid) processing proeject like SETI@Home or Folding@Home project.

We already have the guts of scanning, all we need is a central co-ordinator piece which manages the distributed apps running on everyone's pc everyday via proxies, and sends the details back to the central server, which compiles and index the data for further processing/reporting etc.... you get the idea...

Maybe we can even see how SETI@Home does the cordination part, though it doesn't sound too difficult.

Ideas/comments?

- nik.

Search for BCIS intelligence

Here's an obvious extension of your thought.

SETI=Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence.

We need a

BCIS: Loose Any Hope

or

BLAH

You guys come up lots of "Ideal" solutions but none of have time/guts to get it done. Last week it was how to sue BCIS and this week its SETI and next week some thing else.

Post only if you have a concrete solution not "throw-up" junk

lareds, anything happens with only ideas.

Kashmir scanning, was an idea.
CSC petition was an idea.
AC21 was an idea.
H1 transfer and being able to work immediately was an idea.

Rather than condoning people who do come up with ideas, why don't YOU go ahead and do it? Condoning of ideas, will assure the demise of any possible improvement .. which I am against.

And yea, I do agree, I personally don't have time to do zilch, I am sure many of us are in the same boat. But at the same time, I like hearing ideas.

Who knows one of those might end up helping us.

SM,

While I don't have a "concrete" design, I have given it some thought. It is not very complex issue, however BCIS server can very very easily be overwhelmed in what could look like a DDOS attack.

But I made a mistake while starting the thread, I should have started the subject with "OT:" or "SPAM" to warn other users of its nature.

However what you say is so true, so much to do & so little time...

cheers,

- nik
PS: Lareds, get a life.

Originally posted by lareds
You guys come up lots of "Ideal" solutions but none of have time/guts to get it done. Last week it was how to sue BCIS and this week its SETI and next week some thing else. Post only if you have a concrete solution not "throw-up" junk
Lareds, please don't bash up people who are actually doing something for our benefit. You ought to bash up people who are too dumb to come up with an original idea instead. (That don't mean me,:) I ain't dumb,:) I jus lazzy:))