BCIS Processing More Asylee Adjustment Cases In Response to Ngwanyia v. Ashcroft

Edison

Registered Users (C)
BCIS Processing More Asylee Adjustment Cases In Response to Ngwanyia v. Ashcroft

http://www.ailf.org/lac/lac_lit_090403.asp

In response to the class action lawsuit Ngwanyia v. Ashcroft , No. 02-CV-502 (D. Minn.), the BCIS has begun approving a larger number of asylee adjustment applications than in prior years. From an all-time low of 2,532 asylee adjustments in 1999, the agency adjusted 9,713 asylees in FY 2002. The Nebraska Service Center (NSC), which handles asylee adjustment applications, recently announced that it has shifted additional resources to asylee adjustment cases for the remainder of this fiscal year. See NSC Update on I-485s, I-765s and I-131s , p osted on AILA InfoNet at Doc. No. 03073141 ( July 31, 2003 ). This shift in resources is a clear effort by the agency to increase the number of asylee adjustment applications that it approves before the end of the fiscal year. It reflects a demand by the Ngwanyia Plaintiffs that the agency actually use the full 10,000 asylee adjustment slots that were set-aside by the President in FY 2003.

In Ngwanyia v. Ashcroft , more than 50 asylees sued the former INS over its failure to properly administer the asylee adjustment program. The Court has certified a class of all asylees with pending adjustment applications. In addition to insuring that all 10,000 asylee adjustment slots are actually used each year, the plaintiffs are also demanding that the agency use 22,000 asylee adjustment slots that were set aside but never used in past years. The Plaintiffs, represented by AILF, served the government with a motion for summary judgment last week, in which they ask the Court to order the Defendants to use these additional 22,000 numbers at this time.

Let me know...

if anyone is initiating a class action suit for BCIS' not properly handling EB adjustment cases.

Sign me up too!!!

Most of us don't know the tactic used by BCIS to drop the class action law suit. If a group sue BCIS then BCIS handles the cases of the individuals filed law suit to drop the class the class action law suit.

So...

We, poor EB I-485-ers, have nothing to lose to sue BCIS anyways Iw we win, I will feel satisfied, if they choose to expedite my case, I'm gonna be happy too ...

I am waiting for 24 months already.

:D

I am gonna do this

I will do this all by myself, just before leaving to my country. There is a limit for the patience.