BCIS IIO - i-485 Estimated Processing Time is now 24 months

matina

Registered Users (C)
I just called the BCIS office inquiring about the timing of my I-485, EAD and AP processing.

I was particularly interested in what happened if I returned from my vacation just days prior to my H1 expiration but that's a topic better suited for a different thread. Because of my special inquiry I was transferred to an "IIO" which seemed like she just got hired the other day.

What was interesting though is that after many time-outs the IIO told me that the current estimated processing times (as provided to them by CSC) are as follows:
I-485: 24 months
EAD: 3 months
AP: 4 months

I'm not happy about the 24 months either (whether that's true or not) but if nothing else at least it sounds a bit more in line with what most of us are heading for.

I'm thinking about taking a break from any INS related stuff and concentrate on something more enjoyable than waiting for INS ( like sadomasochism ).

Well, hang in there folks ... the ride is not yet over.

Cheers :(

Matina
WAC 02-041-5****

I was told 20 months today .. I think both are BS

Funny thing is, when she said 20 .. I said, well I've been over 20 months (bet she thought .. OH SHIT I SHUDDA SAID 21)

It could be that she bumped it to 24 months because I told her I applied in October 2001 and the 20 months would've flown.
She probably did the math (hence those time-outs) and realized the 20 months have already passed so she said 24 months to dismiss my inquiry.

matina

IIO's --- BS

I talked with an IIO sometime 2 weeks ago and she had mentioned me that CSC has advised them to report 24-months delay. Funny, she was not aware of JIT report existence. I had to explain her abt such report. Since then I gave-up talking with IIO's. Probably they are laid-off employees of some airline....

WAC-02-044
ND - Nov'01

ILL Informed Operators (IIO's) cant expect anything better from them. But I kinda feel sorry for them they are in the bottom of the Food Chain , they are being given a run around by these stpid CSC folks.

Last week, IIO told me that current processing time is 18 months. I think each day, BCIS is shifting their processing date by one month..

I was told 18 months too. Maybe the people at the NSC got a few pointers on how to lie from the CSC IIO folks:D

I was told 18 months too, just a few days ago. My lawyer said that the people who answer the 800# are worst than useless and they don't know s**t. I think they have a piece of post-it on their phones saying "(today's date - Receipt date) + 1 month"