BCIS allows Late Finger Printing?

feb27

Registered Users (C)
I read in one of the posts in this forum that, one can give FP even after the scheduled date, provided it should be within 85 days from the scheduled date.

Is that legally allowed or we should obtain prior permission from BCIS office to do so?

My FP2 is scheduled for Dec 12th, but I am returning to US only in the last week of DEC. If the above information is confirmed one, I can try after the scheduled date once I return from my vacation.

Please share your experience.

My advise would be to do it on or before the scheduled date.

If this is not possible, then try to take prior permission to reschedule the date. The FP notice has the instructions to reschedule to a later date.

Please note that I have not tried this myself.

I did my FP almost 70 days after original FP date. I did not take any permission. If you read your notice you can find it out.

I have done a fingerprint a month after the appointment date.

The appointment letter says in the bottom that Wednesdays are make up days. You can go on any Wednesday after the appointment date but before 85 days had elapsed from the appointment date.

They will let you in after other appointments, so it will take a little longer than the usual one hour or so.

This is in Houston, I do not know about other centers. But my guess they would be the same.

feb27,
Your solution lies in the notice letter. Every Center is different. In NJ if you miss the appointment, you have to inform them.

In Dallas and VA, you can go upto 85 days of the scheduled date.

Whatever the case is, its clearly written in the notice letter...

goodluck

SWaiting,

If they (Newark office) don't allow me to do early FP2 and if I want to do it on a later date, whom should I inform? Newark office or call BCIS to reschedule it?

I didn't receive any notice from BCIS directly but my attorney received it on Oct 30th. He has already forwarded the notice to me. I am just waiting for the notice to arrive.

The same thing happened to me for FP1 also.

This is my suggestion:

Your best bet is to try to go earlier to see if you can get your FP done.
In NWK you have to re-schedule your appt. if you are unable to make it - the number is on the notice as is the reschedule form. I would personally not advise to re-schedule as that could lead to a delay. But if you are confortable with waiting till later to do your FP then it is purely your choice.

Unless your trip is utmost necessary and an emergency - I would not advise that you go before your FP is done. Holidays can always be taken - this process is far more important - but that's my opinion. Depends on how long you have waited to get your GC.

Hope this helps.

feb27,
check the threads on this forum. you can drive to NJ next month on any saturday. Odds are they will allow the 2nd FP. However I dont know if they will accept Non NJ address...