BC Again. Will it be a problem?

phillygc

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I filed my application only with affidavits from both my parents. I don't have a birth certificate. Will it be a problem for me? Some people mentioned that I would also need a letter from the place where I was born stating that the BC is not available. What are my options if I can't get hold of that document?

Thanks in advance.

this will do if your parents have mentioned in the affidavit that at that time birth registeration was not done

Hi
I have filed mine and wifes with affidavits and have got approved without any questions so I dont think it would be any problem

The affidavit said that we are not able to obtain the BC from the proper authorities. Do you guys think this is OK?

Thanks for your responses.

affidavit ok only if u r born before yr 1969 !!

INS goes by the Indian Birth and Death registration act that became effective in 1969.
So if u were born before 1969, affidavits will do otherwise INS will require a Birth Certificate...

My 2 cents ...

I know many guys who are approved, who submitted only 2 afiidavits ( NO BC) and were born in 1970s.

btw, not every one's birth was registered even in 1970s. Many guys on this forum are making a mistake by getting a birth certificate now ( raising the red flag from INS side).

GUYS, if you do not have a real BC ( i mean certificate from time when you were born), then just submit 2 affidavits from parents. NON-availability certificate helps, BUT IS NOT MANDATORY.

Hey 2 affidavits from parents and NON-availability certificate from your municpal office is mandatory in case you do not have any birth certificate

Vivekm,

What do you mean by rising red flags??. Do you say it is not advisable to get birth certificate by registering now?? why??

What I meant by that is INS wants two affidavits if you don't have the birth certificate from the time when you were born.

WHY? Because I've seen tons of people in my company who are approved after submitting just two affidavits ( not even non-availability certificates, though it helps if you send that).

On this, forum I've seen some RFE's for guys who got their birth certifiacte from Indian Consulates or Indian cities/munis now( I don't know on what basis city/muni would issue the birth cerificate if they don't have record of your birth).

Vivekm,

Thanks for the information. The municipality authorities take the affidavits and provide the birth certificate. My another questions is that the birth certificate and the affidavits should be the originals or can be xerox copies can be submitted to INS.

Appreciate reply.
Thanks.

I read on INS web site that if any documents are issued specifically for INS, then must be submitted original. That would mean affidavits are supposed to be submitted in original. But my lawyer had sent only the copies of affidavits and case got approved. I would say one should submit original affidavits ( had an argument with my lawyer when I found out that he sent only the copies). As for BC, send only copies because one might need BC later as well.

Thanks a lot.

Vivekm,

Thanks for the quick response and valuable information. This helps me a lot to avoid RFE on birth certificate at least.

Regards.