• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Bank statements

exxie

Registered Users (C)
I plan to show bank statements as evidence of financial support when going for our (wife & me, no children) interview at the American embassy in London.

As I am the DV winner, and my wife the dependent, will we be expected to provide seperate bank statements?

For simplicity, I would prefer to provide only my bank statements, showing sufficient proof of finances for both of us, as I manage our household finances.

I plan to show bank statements as evidence of financial support when going for our (wife & me, no children) interview at the American embassy in London.

As I am the DV winner, and my wife the dependent, will we be expected to provide seperate bank statements?

For simplicity, I would prefer to provide only my bank statements, showing sufficient proof of finances for both of us, as I manage our household finances.

Will do if the amount alone with you is large enough. there are several posts indicating the amount to be close to the US poverty guidlines look it up.

Big amount!

"Big amount" is relatively term
lol lol :)

Someone on another forum had an amount equal to $30,000 with a few kids (I think 3) and wasnt asked for an affidavit...though I do not think that $30,000 in the US is above poverty line when you have 3 dependents. Need to look up that link too.

Basically, they ask for affidavit of support if you cannot prove that you will not be a public charge. If your bank statement proves that you have enough resources to take care of yourself (and your family if any) then you are good.

There is no definite answer for the amount of money to show in your bank account. Consular officers can use their discretion to determine if an applicant meets the financial requirement. I believe anything above $10,000 will be ok especially if they are highly educated.

Dont show it .....................

i plan to show bank statements as evidence of financial support when going for our (wife & me, no children) interview at the american embassy in london.

As i am the dv winner, and my wife the dependent, will we be expected to provide seperate bank statements?

For simplicity, i would prefer to provide only my bank statements, showing sufficient proof of finances for both of us, as i manage our household finances.

pls do not show it, unless they ask for it. U can take it along with u but dont show it untill they ask for it. I went to the interview with many document of which they never asked for @ interview, cos if u show them it might be the beginning of another interview for u. Be wise!

continuing on from showing bank statements - I have a mortgage (which is obviously debt - but good debt) but also an offset account which show savings that can be drawn from, cause of extra payments i have made - is this going to be viewed as positive or negative?

I am confused.

Please somebody with current interview experience from Nigeria,Ghana, kenya and others should throw more light into this issue.

Thanks.

Does your interview letter list this (documents to show you will not be a financial charge) as one of the required documents you must present at the interview. I often see people stressing about this "requirement", because they read about it on forums like these, but when they get to their interview, they are not even asked to provide any documentation in this regard.
This is because some consulates/embassies do require it and others don't. Be sure to read your letter carefully, and if it is not in the list of required documents, then you do not have to worry about it at all.

Does your interview letter list this (documents to show you will not be a financial charge) as one of the required documents you must present at the interview. I often see people stressing about this "requirement", because they read about it on forums like these, but when they get to their interview, they are not even asked to provide any documentation in this regard.
This is because some consulates/embassies do require it and others don't. Be sure to read your letter carefully, and if it is not in the list of required documents, then you do not have to worry about it at all.

True talk bro!. I dont know why this guyz are crazy about documements that was never mentioned. They should know they are going to America to work and not to sleep. As long as you are very strong and very fit to do any available job, then i think the Consular officer is not inerested with how much you have in your Account. Funny enough, people think by presenting every available documents gives them the chance of getting the visa, but they forget this things sometimes might end up indicting oneself. I think it is better you present what is required from you and not everything you see.
One love!

My Case Nr is high and I haven't received the interview letter yet (I'm expecting it around June at the earliest). But according to the below URL from the London embassy, evidence of support is required. From what I have read on forums, not all interview letters specify this requirement (Like in Nigeria and Australia, not sure), but it's probably safer to have it at hand if requested by the Consul officer :

h t t p ://london.usembassy.gov/application_documents.html

My Case Nr is high and I haven't received the interview letter yet (I'm expecting it around June at the earliest). But according to the below URL from the London embassy, evidence of support is required. From what I have read on forums, not all interview letters specify this requirement (Like in Nigeria and Australia, not sure), but it's probably safer to have it at hand if requested by the Consul officer :

h t t p ://london.usembassy.gov/application_documents.html

I did my interview in London. I heard from some past winners that they do ask for this document. I took with me a bank statement and affidavit of support (I-134) to the interview. Truly, I wasn't prepared to give any of them out, but lo and behold, it was one of the documents they requested me to put on the counter. When I made an attempt to explain that I didn't know I've to submit such a document, I was made aware that without it my visa cannot be issued. I therefore told the lady that I remember I have some bank statements in my hand bag, she waited for me to go through my bag and produced this before he was satisfied. By the way, I applied with my family, so I don't know if that is the reason. The interview experiences that I've read from this forum and others suggests the consulate in London normally require proving financial support.

"Big amount" is relatively term
Hi radovic,
I am current for April as well and I am going back to my country for CP. Looks like we are on the same boat. Are u planning to provide previous years tax forms/W-2/pay stubs as a part of the documents? How important is it according to you? Let me know. What's your current status at USA? If u have any list of documents suggestions that I might required before interview,please let me know as well.

Thank you,

Please ask the embassy first, whether they need the statement or not. and I agree with the idea that don't show it until they do not ask about it.