Bank draft question

rrajendr

Registered Users (C)
I have an employment based green card consular processing interview scheduled in Chennai for myself/my wife. I have following questions based on it on taking the bank draft:

1)Should the fees be paid as separate bank drafts for each applicant?
2)Since the dollar price fluctuates when should the applicant take the Bank drafts in Indian Rupees for the Chennai consulate to accept?
2a)If after taking the Bank draft as per your advice in 2) if the dollar rate fluctuates on the day of interview will Chennai consulate accept the draft?
3)Is State Bank of India considered a national bank to take the bank draft to be issued to the Chennai consulate for our interview and what are the other banks that acceptable by the Chennai consulate for taking the drafts?

Hello Rajendar,
Download Packet 4 from the Consulates website. The consulate uses a fixed conversion rate and gives you the fees in Rs and USD. Use that to get the bank draft. You can get just one draft for all the visa's if you want.
I personally got 2 Drafts One for the Processing fee and the other for the Visa fee. I did that a I was not sure if the Lawyer had paid the fees to the NVC.
State Bank of India is a Nationalised bank. You can get a draft from any nationalised bank, HDFC, ICICI, Bank Of Baroda are some of the others.

Hope this helps.

Hello Rajendar,
Download Packet 4 from the Consulates website. The consulate uses a fixed conversion rate and gives you the fees in Rs and USD. Use that to get the bank draft. You can get just one draft for all the visa's if you want.
I personally got 2 Drafts One for the Processing fee and the other for the Visa fee. I did that a I was not sure if the Lawyer had paid the fees to the NVC.
State Bank of India is a Nationalised bank. You can get a draft from any nationalised bank, HDFC, ICICI, Bank Of Baroda are some of the others.

Hope this helps.

yes, you should get 4 separate bank drafts all payable to "American Consulate General, Chennai"

1. Visa Issuance fee - $335 (If you have not paid this to NVC), one for each applicant
2. Visa Issuance Surcharge fee - $45.

The current applicable rate of exchange is listed in the Packet Four and it is $1 = Rs 42. Do the math.

Good Luck,
Regards,
-DR.