bank balance

sumathi_63

Registered Users (C)
In form I-134, do we have to state the current balance in the savings account or the average balance of the savings account?

I have got a statement from the bank stating my current balance. avaerage balance and the date the account was started. I think, this should be fine and the monthly statements of last 3 months are not needed. Is the correct?

If you can, you should still carry 3 month statements. if not, make sure your bank statement is on official bank stationary with proper bank seal. My banker says that to prove your bank balance, nothing is more "official" than the monthly statement.

Yes, I have got the letter in their letter head only. If you carry just last three months statement how would the consulate know the date the coocunt statred and the average balance for last 1 year?. I think, they are required informations.

not needed

The requirement for bank statements is primarily because the affidavit of support form is common for family sponsorship and employment (with family) as well. If some one applies for green card from a foreign country obviously they will just have an employment letter. In my case they returned the bank statements and said an affidavit and the letter of employment is enough. At some stage in your preparation for the interview you will have to decide enough is enough. There is no limit to what you can carry, including degree certificate, employment reference letters etc etc.