Bang! Bang! My baby shot me down (Approved!)

this_processing_kills_me

Registered Users (C)
Everyone,

Got the mail from USCIS-CSSO that my case has been finally approved on Aug 16th.

A heartiest thanks to everyone on this board for sticking around and providing updates on their cases. I stopped posting for a while (for a year or so, I think) during this long haul, after having submitted myself to the mercy of INS, but I am glad that this process is over.

485 process began in Mar 2002. I had to push the attorney to file it in the first place (they were sitting on it for a while). First FP took longer than everyone else to arrive (finished in Oct 2002). I remember sending in lot of faxes for that darn notice to materialize. Then as my bad luck would have had it, the freaking JIT dates slowed down to a drag. I stopped caring for a year or so. I started caring only after the date moved beyond my Notice Date. Once again, the all-so-important 2nd FP notice eluded me. I had to send faxes again to get my 2nd FP. USCIS got my 2nd FP on July 20th. The LUD was stuck at 7/20 (until today). So, I started faxing again last week to get someone's attention to take some action on the damn case. And, lo and behold! I have two mails sitting in my yahoo account this morning telling me the good news.

Takeaways:

1. Fax, fax, fax those reminders away! -- You create enough noise, somone will listen!! And yeah, you can fax the same freaking reminder more than once a day. No one is going to kill you for that. I, for one, didn't send any mails to the senators (or the like). But I wouldn't discourage anyone from sending such emails. The key is to get INS's attention -- the means that you choose should be effective.

2. Go in for early FP and make sure you get it done -- If you are turned away, keep showing your face every 2-3 days, until you get the FP done.

3. Become an immigration expert -- Remember that you, and only you, have the burden of following up on your case. Don't lay eggs along with the INS and/or with your lawyer. Be on top of the processing dates, FP expiration, EAD/AP expiration and renewal, immunizations, RFE responses, and making sure that you can furnish all the necessary papers whenever the need arises.

4. NEVER cause delay from your end, if it can be avoided -- For instance, don't postpone your FP date; be prompt in replying to the RFE. You never know when INS decided to take a long breather again before processing further.

5. Calling doesn't help -- you wait long to talk to someone who can't speak English properly, and then pretty much gives redundant info. This is, unfortunately, an all too common exercise in futility.

Okay, enough sermoning.

I wish everyone the best on this board, especially the ones who filed their cases before mine and still haven't received their approvals. My advice to such folks is that they should spend a little (and not a whole lot) of their energies in following up with their cases.

Signing off for now (I am leaving for India next week), with the following words that complete the song:

Bang, bang.. they shot me down
Bang, bang.. I hit the ground
Bang, bang.. that awful sound
Bang, bang.. BCIS shot me down!

finally killed!!

_this_processing_killsMe

this_processing_killsMe said:
Everyone,

Got the mail from USCIS-CSSO that my case has been finally approved on Aug 16th.

A heartiest thanks to everyone on this board for sticking around and providing updates on their cases. I stopped posting for a while (for a year or so, I think) during this long haul, after having submitted myself to the mercy of INS, but I am glad that this process is over.

485 process began in Mar 2002. I had to push the attorney to file it in the first place (they were sitting on it for a while). First FP took longer than everyone else to arrive (finished in Oct 2002). I remember sending in lot of faxes for that darn notice to materialize. Then as my bad luck would have had it, the freaking JIT dates slowed down to a drag. I stopped caring for a year or so. I started caring only after the date moved beyond my Notice Date. Once again, the all-so-important 2nd FP notice eluded me. I had to send faxes again to get my 2nd FP. USCIS got my 2nd FP on July 20th. The LUD was stuck at 7/20 (until today). So, I started faxing again last week to get someone's attention to take some action on the damn case. And, lo and behold! I have two mails sitting in my yahoo account this morning telling me the good news.

Takeaways:

1. Fax, fax, fax those reminders away! -- You create enough noise, somone will listen!! And yeah, you can fax the same freaking reminder more than once a day. No one is going to kill you for that. I, for one, didn't send any mails to the senators (or the like). But I wouldn't discourage anyone from sending such emails. The key is to get INS's attention -- the means that you choose should be effective.

2. Go in for early FP and make sure you get it done -- If you are turned away, keep showing your face every 2-3 days, until you get the FP done.

3. Become an immigration expert -- Remember that you, and only you, have the burden of following up on your case. Don't lay eggs along with the INS and/or with your lawyer. Be on top of the processing dates, FP expiration, EAD/AP expiration and renewal, immunizations, RFE responses, and making sure that you can furnish all the necessary papers whenever the need arises.

4. NEVER cause delay from your end, if it can be avoided -- For instance, don't postpone your FP date; be prompt in replying to the RFE. You never know when INS decided to take a long breather again before processing further.

5. Calling doesn't help -- you wait long to talk to someone who can't speak English properly, and then pretty much gives redundant info. This is, unfortunately, an all too common exercise in futility.

Okay, enough sermoning.

I wish everyone the best on this board, especially the ones who filed their cases before mine and still haven't received their approvals. My advice to such folks is that they should spend a little (and not a whole lot) of their energies in following up with their cases.

Signing off for now (I am leaving for India next week), with the following words that complete the song:

Bang, bang.. they shot me down
Bang, bang.. I hit the ground
Bang, bang.. that awful sound
Bang, bang.. BCIS shot me down!

finally killed!!

_this_processing_killsMe

Congratulations and Good Luck on your approval. Come Back Rejuvenated from India to continue the fight to get Citizenship by doing all we can to reduce the time frame.

Cheers

Is there a wait period after RFE response to fax inquiry?

I wanted to know if there is some wait period before which one can fax enquiry to INS.

My attorney is saying that she cannot fax an enquiry before 60 days after RFE response. Is that the case?

Is there anyone who had faxed in earlier and go through.

What is the fax number for CSC?

Appreciate your help.

Mitwaa

Mitwaaa said:
I wanted to know if there is some wait period before which one can fax enquiry to INS.

My attorney is saying that she cannot fax an enquiry before 60 days after RFE response. Is that the case?

Is there anyone who had faxed in earlier and go through.

What is the fax number for CSC?

Appreciate your help.

I used the following fax number : 949-389-3486 (level2, div I inquiry). Lawyers will talk legal $hit always. I would say that you should start faxing within 2-3 weeks after RFE response. It *doesn't hurt*. Worse come worse, you wouldn't hear back anything. As is, you haven't heard back anything so far. So, worse scenrio is -- no difference.

Search for "CSC Fax Inquiry Sheet" on yahoo or google for the form to fax.

_this

Format of letter to be faxed

HI this_processing_killsMe,

Thanks a ton for this information.

Can you please give the format of the letter that you faxed to the INS?

That would be really helpful.

Thanks,
Mitwaaa

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations! Another of the old timers galloping through the gate. :)

On the side though, isn't that a love song Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)? :)

140_takes_4ever said:
Congratulations! Another of the old timers galloping through the gate. :)

On the side though, isn't that a love song Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)? :)

That's the title song for "Kill Bill". A favorite of mine :)

Thanks everyone for the congratulations messages. They do make me feel that I have accomplished something! Without the wishes, the joy of getting the approval would not have been heart-felt.

_this

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, liked that song too.

I was five and he was six
We rode on horses made of sticks
He wore black and I wore white
He would always win the fight

Bang bang, he shot me down
Bang bang, I hit the ground
Bang bang, that awful sound
Bang bang, my baby shot me down.

Seasons came and changed the time
When I grew up, I called him mine
He would always laugh and say
"Remember when we used to play?"

Bang bang, I shot you down
Bang bang, you hit the ground
Bang bang, I used to shoot you down.

Music played, and people sang
Just for me, the church bells rang.

Now he's gone, I don't know why
And till this day, sometimes I cry
He didn't even say goodbye
He didn't take the time to lie.

Bang bang, he shot me down
Bang bang, I hit the ground
Bang bang, my baby shot me down...

Hi,
what is the fax number for USCIS ? and what to fax them ? shall I just send my case number asking them to take a look ?
thanks

Oh Man. This is so cool. I am happy for you. My date is a little after you (April), but I have no heard anything back. My theory is that CSC will not look at anything unless a recent FP is done. My lawyer tells me country of Birth also plays a role. If you were subject to special registration, then chances are you should add another 6 months to a year to your processing time. Anyways...I'm glad you got yours, and you're back in your singing mood.

Cheers