Baltimore Xfer 9/4/01 update

address change question

I\'m a little stressed out becos I\'m moving to VA Sept. 15th and still haven\'t received my interview letter. I\'ll be able to check my mail till the end of Sept. and the B-INS did say I should get something by end of Sept. since my case was transfered 05/18 and the receive date was 07/06. I don\'t want to give INS my new address becos they\'ll transfer to arlington and then God knows how long I\'ll have to wait. At the interview I plan to tell them I\'m still in MD. My interview date could be Nov.

No Title

Just make sure the address in your Driver\'s license is still in MD. The only other thing that I can think of that would reveal the latest address is one\'s rental lease / mortgage papers. But as far as I know they do not ask you to produce that during the interview. So, you should be fine. I think it is the wise thing to do because Arlington cases are taking much longer time to be interviewed.
My case was received at BINS on 05/25 and I was told that I can expect to receive the interview notice by Sep 25 or 120 days after receipt of case. If your case was received on 07/06, you can expect to get your interview notice by early Nov.

thanks

yeah you\'re right.. thanks. The receive dates/interview dates etc are all haphazard anyways so who knows who will get the letter first. How ridiculous is it that my transfer was 05/18 and they entered it in (receive date) 07/06. Can\'t do anything about it!

No Title

Make sure to provide the post office with a forwarding address for all mail received after Sep end.

No Title

I strongly think B-INS is going by a combination of both receive date and Priority date. If PD is very old (97/98), they seem to be scheduling interviews regardless of receive date. If PD is 99/00, they seem to be following the 120 day rule. This is just my analysis from the interviw pattern I have seen on this forum over the last 2-3 months. So, if your PD is 97/98, u maybe lucky and might get the letter sooner than me. MY PD is 02/00, EB1. Good Luck.