Baltimore transfer

s41074

Registered Users (C)
"On August 16, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in BALTIMORE, MD for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in BALTIMORE, MD will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."

How long does the "scheduling" of the interview take?
What is the next course of action? What can I expect?
Anyone in a smilar situation/expierences?

My details @ VSC
eac03-266-xxxxx
RD sept 30th, 2003
oct 25th, 2004 1st FP (Spouse & Self)

aug 16th, 2004 Case transfered to Baltimore, MD (Spouse & Self)

Regards,

From what I have read in other threads. BTW have u recieved a transfer notice yet?
Hope this helps,
485someday

can anybody know how much time it will take to get the interview letter from baltimore office as my case transfered today to Baltimore office.
------ it may take 8-10 days to reach your file at Baltimore then you will recieve the Interview notice after around 30-40 days and your Interview date may be after 40-60 days after you recieve the Interview date notice. Baltimore finishes the Interview in 3-4 months time AFTER they recieve the file.
You may also recieve fingerprinting notice before your Interview date notice if you did your FP more than 15 months as FP expire after 15 months.

s41074:
Who was the Transfer Notice from.
1. VSC
2. Baltimore, MD
Did your lawyer also recieve a copy?
Receiving FP is a positive sign. You should expect Interview letter after FP is complete.
Good Luck,
485someday

485 cases transferred to local office

Finally guys i got confirmation about the transferred 485 applications processing timings. What ever the timings are provided by district offices are only relevant for family based applications that are directly filed in local office. For transferred applications officially there is no date as such. The only way to know the status of the case is to talk to Immigration officer by fixing an appointment through Infopass. I really have no idea how much really congressman or senator can help.

I contacted the senator John Warner's office today morning, the lady who handles the immigration related issues said that we can only inquire with the district office only if we didn't receive any response after 6 months the case is transferred.

My case is transferred to washington dc office on 23rd september, 2004. It can take up to 6 months in the normal course of time for the interview to be scheduled. In some cases it might be in 1 -4 months time also.

All the people whose cases are transferred have to keep their spirit up and wait for the decision/interview letter thats all i can tell guys after researching from last 4-5 days extensively.

i got my receipts from vsc
n FP from vsc too, but my lawyer did not get anything, looks like they have lost the g28 and sending me all the correspondence

Hi s41074,

If i understood your case correctly, your RD is Sep 2003. Your case got transferred to local office (baltimore) in August 2004 for interview. You did receive the 1st FP notice VSC. Also you said did receive the receipts for transfer notice. From whom did you receive the transfer notice from? Local office or VSC? How much does it took for you to get the transfer notice after it got transferred? Does it say any estimated timeframe how long it may take to schedule the interview etc? Also did they mention any contact number you can reach for further tracking of your case?

HI s41074

did you get response from Baltimore office??

Can you please share if you have received any information.

Thanks
Glenmd

hi guys

i got my transfer receipt from vsc in a week of transfer(aug 16th 2004)
after about one month of transfer i got my 1st fp from vsc(sept 10 2004)
nothing from baltimore yet.
tommorow i am going for my fp & i have an infopass appt with an immigration officer to enqiure
about my case and ask them for timeframe of the sheduling of interview

Hi s40174

That is really good that you are visiting baltimore office. If you can get some insight about the timeframe of the employment cases. That will be really good to this forum.

When i went around month and half back, at that time, immigration officer told me that it may take 3 - 4 months. but till now no news.

So if possible, you can take the printout of the Balimore processing time and ask them whether the Baltimore centre is following any of the dates.

We are really eager to know about the updates you are going to provide us.

Thanks
GlenMD

hi guys
i received 2 nd pf from Baltimore on Saturday scheduled for Nov 9
confusion because i have 1 pf on Oct 25
i reached Baltimore ctr went to pf dept i told her about the notice
she took both the notice and stapled it together ,and later i was that i don't have to come back for pf one more time.
at 11.30 i had appt from info pass with the immigration officer
i asked her status
brief reply,
1. they have received my case but haven't assigned for an interview
but when i told her about the pf she said its good news
i will receive the interview notice in 60-90 days but no guarantee
i told her my ead is exp in Feb 2005,she said not to wait for the interview instead apply for the renewal 90 days prior to expiration.