Baltimore transfer 05/14/03

MD485

Registered Users (C)
My EB1 I485 case was transfered to the Baltimore BCIC office on 05/14/03. Does any one know how long it takes to get the interview in that office after the case is transfered there? Thanks!

Usually 1-2 months from previous experience

can you mention your ND, RD etc. My colleague's case was also transferred there and he had his interview last october.

my friend's details

he filed 485 in march 2002. then case was transferred in august and he had interview in Oct 2002. he was EB1 too.

I am a dependent on my husband's EB-2 application. My case was transferred to Baltimore on 4/1/03. No interview schedule yet.

However, on 4/23, I received a notice to get fingerprinted again (my FP had not yet expired but apparently they could not read my fingerprints from the computer scan since I've had it done twice--6/02 and 7/02). This time, they did it manually with ink. Don't know if that will make a difference in my interview timeline.

another finger print requested

I got another finger print request. I did it the first in June of 2002. It still not longer than 15 months. Pegh, I'm very interested in your case. Have you got the interview letter from the Baltimore office? If so, when? Thanks.

Interview letter

Hi,

I got interview notice from Baltimore, MD at 5/30/03. But they did not require us to bring two photography. Is there any one can share your experience? Thank you very much.

My case details:

RD 11/05/01
ND 12/06/01
FP 5/28/02
TD 4/17/03
IS(Interview Issue) 5/26/03
ID(Interview Day) 8/21/03

Re: another finger print requested

Originally posted by MD485
I got another finger print request. I did it the first in June of 2002. It still not longer than 15 months. Pegh, I'm very interested in your case. Have you got the interview letter from the Baltimore office? If so, when? Thanks.

Hi!

Last Friday (6/6), I went to the Baltimore office just to inquire about the status of my case. It turned out to be a good decision. The IIO told me that they already received my FP but that they were waiting for my husband's transfer papers to arrive. I told her my husband's case was NOT transferred---in fact, he already has his GC! She was very surprised and made a copy of my transfer notice and my husband's GC.

It seems our papers were separated and for some reason, things got messed up. My case was already waiting to be assigned an interview date, it was just waiting for the principal applicant's papers. So now she told me to wait for my interview notice (should be arriving in about 2 weeks' time). I will post more when it comes.

ag28,

did you collague get approved after his interveiw got over in OCT ?

My interview was over in March, I am still waiting for my approval notice.

FBI/Name check.

Kanthus

Thank you, pegh. Your imformation is very important. I may also need to go to Baltimore to check my case status. Wishing you to get the interview letter soon. Good luck.

he hasnt yet received approval

They said at the interview that his documents hadnt come from VSC and they are waiting for it. Then after 3-4 months and his sending letters to local office, they asked him to get a copy of his petition (????) to them. But until now...nothing has happened.
he is really frustrated. he then went and got his EAD renewed.

Originally posted by kanthus
ag28,

did you collague get approved after his interveiw got over in OCT ?

My interview was over in March, I am still waiting for my approval notice.

FBI/Name check.

Kanthus

Please share your experience

MD485,
My and my wife's cases have been transferred
on 6/13 to Baltimore. I also filed as EB1.

Please share your experience:
How long did it take to get an interview letter from Baltimore?
When the interview is scheduled ?
Any other details.

Thanks!

Masik,

I haven't received the interview letter yet. Just got a letter from the local BCIS office informing me to take the second fingerprint. We are in the same boat.

I'll put any new info whenevr I have it.

Keep me informed

MD485,

Thanks for the info.
Please, keep me informed about the future developments. I willl do the same.

Cheers !

Update

Quick update on my case (see my earlier posts in this thread):

I went to Baltimore again because it has been more than two weeks and I have not heard from them. The IIO checked the system and told me that I was scheduled for interview on 9/10. The previous IIO had told me to expect a letter in two weeks but that was probably too optimistic. The IIO today told me they try to send the letters about one month before the interview so I should get my letter in August but she told me my interview date and time already.

So I guess it is taking about 3 months to schedule an interview in Baltimore. I went there 6/6 which was when they figured out I was ready to be scheduled for interview and it is set for 9/10.

Re: Update

Thank you pegh, for posting your experience. I hope you to get the interview letter soon. As for my case, I even don't know if the FBI clearance is done or not. Does anyone know how I can check it? Thanks.

Originally posted by pegh
Quick update on my case (see my earlier posts in this thread):

I went to Baltimore again because it has been more than two weeks and I have not heard from them. The IIO checked the system and told me that I was scheduled for interview on 9/10. The previous IIO had told me to expect a letter in two weeks but that was probably too optimistic. The IIO today told me they try to send the letters about one month before the interview so I should get my letter in August but she told me my interview date and time already.

So I guess it is taking about 3 months to schedule an interview in Baltimore. I went there 6/6 which was when they figured out I was ready to be scheduled for interview and it is set for 9/10.

FBI check

There is an FBI telephone posted somewhere (check BCIS Web page, and other postings on this Web site).
You may call there and check if you are cleared or not yet.

got interview letter

I got the interview letter today. My interview time is scheduled on September 30. Looks like the FBI checking started soon after the case was transfered to Baltimore and was finished around June 30th (so it may take around 5 to 6 weeks). It also looks like they set the interview time about three months after the FBI checking is done.

Congrats MD485!!! What a great news :)

Well I'm still waiting, no EAD yet or nothing. Does your online message change after your case transferred to Baltimore?

Just wondering coz' mine was transferred and keep checking my status online. Someone said that the status won't be updated after file tranferred to local.

online status

Kitaorang,

I first found that my case was transfered to the local office from the online status page. Then I got the case transfer letter from VSC (after about one week). Ever since the case was transfered, the online status message has not been changed.