Baltimore Pending Cases ...(******)

chichu

Registered Users (C)
<<<< Baltimore Pending Cases >>>>

Hi All,

I have been waiting for FBI clearance(Name Check) for the last 12 months. Interview for Adjustment of Status was done in November 2002 in Baltimore. Is there anyone who has been waiting for that long after the interview at Baltimore office?

Any clue whether we can take any action? INS says they cannot do anything about it?

Thanks,
Chichu

Last edited by a moderator:
Baltimore transfer

All,

Is any one else in the same kind of situation ?

Does any one know the approximate number of people who are in the same kind of situation( waiting for 12 months after the interview)?

Thanks
Chichu

my spouse is secd interview on 10dec..
completed 2nd finger print 4months back ..FP letter was generated by Baltimore after transfer.. i hope they will stamp on same day..

i know its real frustration .. for you to wait that long..

why dont you make trip to Baltimore and ask them..

Hi 485bn

Hi 485bn.

I am not clear from your posting whether your spouse attended interview for AOS in Dec 2000. Is your spouse's case approved? Or Are you people waiting for FBI clearance. Please reply.

Thanks
Chichu

I have been waiting for over 7 months after interview at Newark, NJ office pending CIA check (as circled on our interview receipt). When I visited the office after 6 months (my second visit), Infomation officer told us that our cases are still pending FBI NAME CHECK. They could not give us when it can be complete.

Having observed that some transfered cases got approvals within 2 or 3 months after their interviews while others' like yours amd ours got significant delay, I believe that the former got their FBI/CIA check started in service centers in the early stages of processing , whereas the latter (yours and ours) might have those checks kicked off on or after local interviews.

So if all those checks take 12 months, we have to count from interview date for the best, and if 18 months, we got to wait for 18 months after the date of our interview.

For my cases, I got two dates from information officer during my second visit. The processing date is 3/9/03, and the loaded date is 9/15/03, which is the same day when my first visit to the local office after FIVE months of our interview occured. So I guess our case clearance checks might actually have got started 5 months after our interview date. In reference to your 12 months of waiting period, I would be surprised if I could receive final words before 9/15/2004

Last edited by a moderator: