Baltimore N-400 Timeline

N 400

Hi
My interview is on Aug 23 rd, thursday.
How about thursday interviews, would the oath be on the same day?
Thank you

Hi
My interview is on Aug 23 rd, thursday.
How about thursday interviews, would the oath be on the same day?
Thank you
I had my Interview and oath on May 10, 2007, which is a Thursdsay. So same day oath for Thursday is available in Baltimore.

However the following apply:

1. Your Interview must be in the morning since Oath are held in the afternoon.
2. You must successfully pass the Interview.
3. There must be space to accommodate you for the same day Oath.

Even in the worst case if your Oath is not held the same day, Baltimore is very good about oath. You will have your oath within 8 weeks after the Interview, in the worst case.

I took Oath on 06/22 at Annapolis.

It took 9 months for me from start to end.

I applied for expedited passport on 06/23.

. Do I need to take any appointment at near by post office to apply for
the US passport?

Some postoffices are still doing walk ins. Check with your near by post offices. I called a couple of them, then I found out the one who is doing walk ins, went walk in after my oath, applied for an expedited passport.

After US Citizenship

Hi all,
I am happy that the CIR is dead " FOR NOW ".
Is there any chance of bringing that again in Aug and Jan-08 senate?Any guesses?Especially for the people in this forum,after getting USC'ship,one would tend to apply I-130 for parents, the immediate relative quota which has no cap now but in that CIR,they wanted to limit those to 40,000 per anum,so back log would be for some years.
Is there any chance that these I----S could bring such bill before the 2008 Presedential Elections?

Hi everyone. I'm new here.

My Priority Date is 2/5/07, Receipt Date is 2/13/07, Fingerprint date-3/2/07 (Baltimore office). No interview letter yet. Shymaryland, have you received your letter yet? Is anyone else in the same boat? Many thanks

N400

Hi AVYK,
YOU WILL GET YOUR IL DEFINATELY NEXT WEEK.
My FP was FEB 23 rd and I got it last week, So you will get it next week

Not yet!

Hi everyone. I'm new here.

My Priority Date is 2/5/07, Receipt Date is 2/13/07, Fingerprint date-3/2/07 (Baltimore office). No interview letter yet. Shymaryland, have you received your letter yet? Is anyone else in the same boat? Many thanks

I haven't got letter either.

Thank you Rosearm and Shymaryland for your replies. I feel better now. Will wait for the next batch of letters to be sent out.:)

Mailed N-400 on June 28th

We mailed the N-400 - my spouse's and my application forms - along with 2 $400 checks. Till date the checks have not been encashed. Does it take this long ?

We mailed the N-400 - my spouse's and my application forms - along with 2 $400 checks. Till date the checks have not been encashed. Does it take this long ?
After receiving your application USCIS can take as long as 3 weeks to cash the checks. And 3 more weeks after cashing to send out the receipt.

AVYK24,

Have you received IL yet?
PD 2/7/07
FP 3/3/07 (Baltimore, MD)
IL ??/??/??

Hoping to receive IL soon

Homi777,

I'm hpoing to receive it this month around July 23-25th. I'm also monitoring my case status on the uscis website. It's supposed to disappear when they send the interview letter out. Thanks for letting me know that you are in the same boat.

N-400 sent - Feb 1, 2007 (certified mail)
Priority Date (PD) - Feb 5, 2007
Receipt date - Feb 13, 2007
Receipt arrived - Feb 17, 2007
Fingerprint notice date – Feb 16, 2007
Fingerprint notice postmark – Feb 21, 2007
Fingerprint notice received – Feb 24, 2007
Fingerprint date – Mar 2, 2007 (no civics test done)
Interview Letter (IL) - ??????????

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks AVYK24.

I have not given the civic test either. Do we have to appear for the test before interview on the same day or there will be a separate notice issued for taking the test? Any idea?

Homi777,

I'm hpoing to receive it this month around July 23-25th. I'm also monitoring my case status on the uscis website. It's supposed to disappear when they send the interview letter out. Thanks for letting me know that you are in the same boat.

N-400 sent - Feb 1, 2007 (certified mail)
Priority Date (PD) - Feb 5, 2007
Receipt date - Feb 13, 2007
Receipt arrived - Feb 17, 2007
Fingerprint notice date – Feb 16, 2007
Fingerprint notice postmark – Feb 21, 2007
Fingerprint notice received – Feb 24, 2007
Fingerprint date – Mar 2, 2007 (no civics test done)
Interview Letter (IL) - ??????????
Please note: The USCIS web site regarding Citizenship status is not reliable. For some when the case disappears from the web site it means they are going to get their IL soon, for others it never disappears (Even after the Interview).