Baltimore N-400 Timeline

Thats actually a fairly standard thing to see on the receipt letter, regardless of whether anything was actually missing or not. Actually I'm more surprised to hear that your wife's letter did not include those comments.

Don't worry about it - the interview letter lists the docs you'll need to take with you.

Anyone in Balimore County suing the USCIS?

HI everyone!

Just at the beginning of the desperation stage where the 120 days after interview are about to meet. After looking at options, we don't want to be stuck in the system for years (like many people here) but to be honest, thinking of a lawsuit seems scary as well.

Wondering if someone here has or will file a suit in the Baltimore county and if can post experiences/advice? Also...are you doing it yourself or with a lawyer, and if it's really neccessary to hire a lawyer?

My fiance and I are extremely worried with the thought of having to be apart just because this process is taking way longer than it should have. I'm here under a waiver visa (Canada) and my time is up in about a month. We want to get married ASAP but filing any papers for me and my future husband as permanent resident, won't help at all on my status in the country or give me a working permit. Any ideas?? :eek: :(

FP notice received.

We received our FP notice 1 business day after we received the application receipt. The FP is at CIS Glenmont, 12331-C Georgia Ave, Glenmont Plaza, Wheaton, MD 20906. Could anyone of you please clarify if we can give the civics and English language tests at this center along with the FP.

Thanks.

--------------------
Mail Dt: 06/20/2006
Rcvd Dt: 06/23/2006
Priority Dt: 06/23/2006
Notice Dt: 06/30/2006
Appl Receipt Rcvd: 07/07/2006
FP Letter Rcvd: 07/10/2006
FP Dt: 07/28/2006
IV Letter Rcvd: ????
IV Dt: ????
Oath Dt: ????

Gabyhose

My wife's status is also in the limbo. She went for the interview on May 3rd and has not received anything yet. They had told her that her files were incomplete. A Lawsuit is definitely scary thought, but then we have no urgency like your case. She has a GC.

Brajac, you can give your test on the same day as FP, provided they have the person who does the tests present on your FP day.

Wife's oath letter arrived

My wife's oath letter arrived today - two weeks after I received mine, and three eeks since we were interviewed. Since my oath is tomorrow, we're going to try persuade USCIS to process us on the same day.

Timeline:
Rx'd 3/8/06
FP 4/19/06
Interview 6/23/06
My Oath 7/14/06
Wife's Oath 8/5/06

Two new USC same day

Took my oath yesterday and now am USC :)
Got home and my wife went into early and very speedy labor and delivered us a new son... also a USC :D

Now we wait for Aug 5th when my wife takes her oath and completes the process.

What a day!

boatbod said:
Took my oath yesterday and now am USC :)
Got home and my wife went into early and very speedy labor and delivered us a new son... also a USC :D

Now we wait for Aug 5th when my wife takes her oath and completes the process.

What a day!
Congratulations, boatbod! How's the little one doing?

kaynags said:
Gabyhose

My wife's status is also in the limbo. She went for the interview on May 3rd and has not received anything yet. They had told her that her files were incomplete. A Lawsuit is definitely scary thought, but then we have no urgency like your case. She has a GC.

Brajac, you can give your test on the same day as FP, provided they have the person who does the tests present on your FP day.
I heard from some recently naturalized citizens that only the Baltimore FP center administers the civics and english test along with FP, not the other centers. Is this correct? I am scheduled at Glenmont on July 28.

Straight to FP Notice

Mailed the N-400 for my wife and I on June 30; Recieved July 3; Check cashed July 6.

Strangely, no receipt notice but just got a FP notice for both of us yesterday, July 19. And guess what? We are scheduled for FP on Friday July 21!!!
Not that I am complaining but what do you make of this fast trend?

gabyjose said:
HI everyone!

Just at the beginning of the desperation stage where the 120 days after interview are about to meet. After looking at options, we don't want to be stuck in the system for years (like many people here) but to be honest, thinking of a lawsuit seems scary as well.

Wondering if someone here has or will file a suit in the Baltimore county and if can post experiences/advice? Also...are you doing it yourself or with a lawyer, and if it's really neccessary to hire a lawyer?

My fiance and I are extremely worried with the thought of having to be apart just because this process is taking way longer than it should have. I'm here under a waiver visa (Canada) and my time is up in about a month. We want to get married ASAP but filing any papers for me and my future husband as permanent resident, won't help at all on my status in the country or give me a working permit. Any ideas?? :eek: :(

I waited 2 years before I decided to sue them. I didn't know you could do it until recently.
I got tired of waiting for an answer. Didn't matter if they denied or accepted my application. Just wanted to have a resolution on this matter.

I did it myself, check the thread where everyone is suing the USCIS. It has all the info you need.

I filled my lawsuit at the US district court in Baltimore. did it pro se.
Don't be scared, the government gets sued all the time. They are used to this kinda of stuff. Plus that's the only way you gonna make them work, otherwise you're just gonna be sitting on it.

Thank for your encouragement

:( [[Iyan]I waited 2 years before I decided to sue them. I didn't know you could do it until recentl]COLOR=Cy.
I got tired of waiting for an answer. Didn't matter if they denied or accepted my application. Just wanted to have a resolution on this matter[/COLOR][/I]

We are getting married in a few hours but a little sad with the thought of having to get separeted since his situation hasn't changed. I will be going back to Canada to wait until I'm able to fix my situation through him as USC. But I really think it will be neccessary before I go,to get the filing in the Baltimore Distric going...this has completely disrupted our plans and I don't think is fair to have go through this for a government office who doesn't do their job in an expedited way.

Thanks for your advice, we'll keep you posted.

How long does it take to get an IL after FP?

I had my FP taken today. How do I ensure that the FBI has cleared my FP and the so called notoriously renowned namecheck?

Also, please let me know how long it takes to get the IL & ID after FP.

Please keep this forum active. Traffic is dying down and pushing this on the 4th or 5th page.

Thanks.

There is no way to check the status of your name check. For your fingerprints, there is a number in WV. It is posted somewhere on this forum. I called them, but it does not do much for you. In 99% of cases, the FBI reports the results back to USCIS within an hour or so. The exception being if your prints cannot be classified due to poor quality. This hardly happens now that they are scanned and not paper-based any longer.

Cheers!

Legal

My wife received the Oath letter, scheduled for Aug 18th. She had IVed along with me on May 03.

Good luck everyone.

Thank god I did not have to go the Sueing route.

kaynags said:
My wife received the Oath letter, scheduled for Aug 18th. She had IVed along with me on May 03.

Good luck everyone.

Thank god I did not have to go the Sueing route.

My wife will be taking the oath this coming Saturday (Aug 5) at Baltimore's Western High School. I'm not sure why she didn't get a weekday appointment for one of the daily ceremonies held at the Balt DO like I did, but hey, at least she has an date!

Interview Letter

Hi all,
I am new to this board. Please see my timeline below. I did my FP in Baltimore on 06/06/2006.

I will let you know when I receive the Interview Letter....I hope I can receive it soon

:)

rockville2006 said:
Hi all,
I am new to this board. Please see my timeline below. I did my FP in Baltimore on 06/06/2006.

I will let you know when I receive the Interview Letter....I hope I can receive it soon

:)
Did you apply 90 days before the expiration of 5 years of GC issue? Its been 2 months for you since the FP. It usually takes about 4-6 weeks after FP to get the IL. I had my FP on 7/28. Awaiting the IL. Wish you all the best.

brajac said:
Did you apply 90 days before the expiration of 5 years of GC issue? Its been 2 months for you since the FP. It usually takes about 4-6 weeks after FP to get the IL. I had my FP on 7/28. Awaiting the IL. Wish you all the best.

Well these days you won't get IL until you've cleared namecheck, so maybe thats the reason for delay?