Baltimore N-400 Timeline

Hi jihuzur,

Any updates on your case? I had my interview in Fairfax/VA yesterday. Very easy...after 5 minutes or so, the officer printed the approval thing, only to revoke it a second later because my name check was still pending. I remained in his office for another 20 minutes while he was continuously hitting 'reload' to see if the name check had cleared in the meantime. Well, I was not so lucky. Now I have to wait for the oath letter as well.

Cheers!

Legal

Hey Legal: congratulations! Sorry about the name-check hiccup. Why don't they just schedule the interview after the name check is cleared?

At least there's no passport emergency now :)

Hi zia!

LOL, that is true..no passport problems now. Hey, maybe it is 'good luck' that I am stuck for now because otherwise, I might have encountered issues with getting my passport in time ;-).

I am just hoping that I do not fall within the alledged 1% whose name check is pending for more than six months.

If I got my oath letter in four to five weeks, that would be great... .

Cheers!

Legal

Hi
Legal alien 99
Not yet... every evening I check my mail box... nothing arrived yet...
Hopefully by this Friday or weekend... I will update as soon as I get one
It is frustrating when get that far... still have to wait.

Hi jihuzur,

I agree, it is really, really frustrating. The situation leaves us totally powerless, no recourse for at least 120 days. We will see.

Cheers!

Legal

legal alien 99
i got my oath letter today in mail
for 7 jul @ 9am
just want to update... that was quicker than i anticipated...

loso, kaynags
thanks for your advices...
loso
can you tell me what Docs you took for the oath... i was under impression that Oath ceremony are usually at 3pm...
i was ask to Report @ 9AM

Hi Jihuzur!

That is some very good news!! So you had been stuck in the 'name check pending' blackhole for how long again?

I am hoping to get my oath letter at some point next month...keep your fingers crossed.

Best of luck for your oath.

Cheers!

Legal

hi Jihuzur!

All you need is your oath letter, green card and maybe your drivers license.They will take your green card from you. I am very happy for you.All the best.

Loso

loso
thanks... when i got Oath letter... there are some questions on back side which i need to fill on that day...if any of those are Yes answers... i need to take back up for that right? Otherwise i am good to go with Docs you have mentioned..

Interview "descheduled"

I got a strange notice in the mail today: "...due to unforeseen circumstances, we have had to cancel the previously scheduled interview..."

Has anyone heard of/experienced something similar? A quick google query suggests that this could happen for a variety of reasons, including an incomplete name check and the DO being overloaded for that date.

I guess it's back to waiting :(

Dear Zia!

You are right. I would assume that your case is not ready to be adjudicated yet (back ground check pending, maybe a file not received etc.).

I do not know what is worse: Having the interview 'descheduled' or being called in for the interview, passing it, and then back to the waiting game because the FBI name check is still pending.

Oh well, either way, both of us have our patience tested at this point... .

Cheers!

Legal

jihuzur
Congratulations, that was quick. Have fun at the oath ceremony(oath letter, GC and DL is all you need)

My wife is still waiting for her oath letter, the officer had told her in the IV that she did not have all the files. Hope to see it soon.

Interview experience

My wife and I just got back from interviews at Baltimore. We both passed english/civics and got "recommended for approval" checks on our N-652's, but unfortunately no opportunity for same-day oath because today's ceremony was held at 11am before we were finished :(

The strangest thing about the whole experience was my wife got called after just a 30 minute wait while I sat around for 2 more hours. In both cases the testing and interview concluded in less than 15 minutes with no request for additional documentation.

So now we wait for the oath letter...

Timeline:
Rx'd 3/8/06
FP 4/19/06
Interview 6/23/06
Oath TBD

Boatbod

Same Thing Happened To Me ...they Called Me @ 250pm When My Appointment Was 2pm
Anyways... I Got My Oath Letter In Three Days And Oath Is On 7th Jul @9am... So You Will Get Your Letter Soon

Best Of Luck

Based on what I have heard and read, as of 4/25/06 USCIS will not schedule interview if the applicant's background check is not complete. As a result, USCIS can avoid 1447(b) lawsuit. Section 1447(b) give USCIS 120 days after interview to complete the application. Otherwise, the applicant has the option to sue USCIS. Hope it helps.

check out this link:
http://www.visalaw.com/06jun1/13jun106.html

Jack

zia17 said:
I got a strange notice in the mail today: "...due to unforeseen circumstances, we have had to cancel the previously scheduled interview..."

Has anyone heard of/experienced something similar? A quick google query suggests that this could happen for a variety of reasons, including an incomplete name check and the DO being overloaded for that date.

I guess it's back to waiting :(

One more step forward

Received my letter today for Baltimone oath ceremony, 9am on Friday, 14 July.

Still waiting for my wife's letter - despite both of us receiving the "recommended for approval" tick at interview - so naturally she is disappointed with possibility we might get done on different days. Hopefully its just a postal delay and hers will arrive tomorow.

boatbod

N-400 timeline:
Rx'd 3/8/06
FP 4/19/06
Interview 6/23/06
Oath 7/14/06 @ 9am

Hi
All

Last formality has been completed... I took oath this morning around 10.30am
And the complete process took about little over an Hr.
I once again thank all and this board who has been very supportive all along the process.
Special thanks to Loso and kaynags...

jihuzur said:
Hi
All

Last formality has been completed... I took oath this morning around 10.30am
And the complete process took about little over an Hr.
I once again thank all and this board who has been very supportive all along the process.
Special thanks to Loso and kaynags...
Congratulations, jihuzur!!!

Missing Evidences on receipt.

My wife and I applied for naturalization recently. My application receipt says "...your application was missing evidence(s) that you will need to bring during your naturalization interview. You will be notified under a separate notice of the necessary evidence(s). Do not mail the evidences ..."

My wife's receipt does not have this stated. I was quite thorough about completing the application. The only unusual item in my application was that I answered YES to the question if I was ever cited, arrested, etc. I had 2 citations earlier and I have submitted the copies of the payment and dismissal receipts along with the application. I have also submitted the letter from SS clearing me of registration.

Any idea why this could have been stated on my application? Also, what is the difference between "Notice Date" and "Priority Date"?

--------------------
Mail Dt: 06/20/2006
Rcvd Dt: 06/23/2006
Priority Dt: 06/23/2006
Notice Dt: 06/30/2006
Appl Receipt Rcvd: 07/07/2006
FP Letter Rcvd: ????
FP Dt: ????
IV Letter Rcvd: ????
IV Dt: ????
Oath Dt: ????