Baltimore N-400 Timeline

Hi jihuzur!

Please let me know how the oath works for you. My appointment will be in Fairfax/VA next Tuesday at 1:40 p.m., hoping to make the oath the same day at 3:30 p.m.

Let me know if they can squeeze you in the same day, or if they allow you to take the oath the very next day.

Cheers!
Legal

Hi LegalAlien99
How do you know after FP FBI reported back to USCIS the same day?
Where to find this put?
Thanks
--annahk

just came back from interview...

my interview was @ 2pm and they called me @ 250pm
Officer went thru everything...took my signature on the form and photos
took my civic test result sheet.. and finally said you case will be reviewed and would let me know in couple of weeks..
He handed over N-652 and it was tick mark in two place one on test passed and another on no decision has been made yet.

What does mean... it is just that i have to wait for the oath or something else? Experts please advice.. :confused:

Jihuzur
sorry to hear that. Technically, they will not find anything negative after review and send you the oath letter. If you are lucky like Loso, you should hear soon. My wife got a similar answer as yours and I still have to hear from them, its over a month now. Her officer was Ms Grigoli, who was yours?

my officer was John murtz
i hope it's just a formality and i hope i should get a oath letter soon.
interview went smooth.

somebody had put in similar question on some website.. he got this reply

There is no cause for alarm. It is probably a pending "name check." Sometimes security checks have not been received at the time of interview. The officer will take the case all the way up to "Grant" status pending the receipt of the checks. They should be received within a few weeks. When USCIS receives the information, they will then "Grant" it and send you a notice for the swearing in ceremony. Congratulations!

Jihuzur! Oath letter will come soon

Hi Jihuzur!

Don't worry you will get your oath letter soon.The same thing happened to me and after a week or so I got an oath letter.Now I have my USA passport and it's just lying there. I will be travelling to Europe at the end of the month with my new passport.

If your interviewing officer let you sign on your photos then it mean you are very fine. Just relax and wait for your oath letter.

I wish you all the best

Loso

i thank you all for the support... i wish it will be done soon...
thanks
i will update as soon as i get the oath letter...

Newcomer to the N-400 queue at VSC / Baltimore DO

Hi Folks -

Couple of you are very active on this forum. Wanted to say hi to everyone and thank you all for your effort in keeping each other up-to-date with the information you share.

I am eligible to apply for citizenship on 6/21 and will be mailing the application by Priority Mail on 6/20. Questions are -

(a) Is it a problem mailing one day before eligibility? Anyway the delivery will not happen prior to the date of eligibility because it takes 2 days to deliver.
(b) Roughly how long is it taking to wrap up the process? I have back-to-back plans of getting naturalized, getting US passport, and then PIO card before I return to India permanently on Jan 8. I hope I have given myself enough time.

Thanks for your replies.

Passport

What are people's experiences with getting passports? I'll be flying in for the interview/oath and really need to get the passport as soon as possible. Would the DC passport agency be able to issue one in 1-2 days?

Dear Zia!

I will be in the same boat come tomorrow (hopefully). I will be leaving for a business trip to Rome on Saturday, so if things go well, I need a U.S. passport by then.

The D.C. passport agency can issue you a passport the very same day. If you travel within 2 hrs., you do not even need an appointment.

I would suggest you call 1-877-487-2778 and make an appointment at the D.C. passport agency as soon as you have you certificate of naturalization.

Best,

Legal

Thanks Legal!

I tried getting an appointment at the D.C. passport agency for the day after my interview (7/25), but system doesn't give out appointment more than 14 days in advance. Hopefully, everything will work out. Good luck getting your passport and have fun in Rome!

zia17 said:
Thanks Legal!

I tried getting an appointment at the D.C. passport agency for the day after my interview (7/25), but system doesn't give out appointment more than 14 days in advance. Hopefully, everything will work out. Good luck getting your passport and have fun in Rome!
Oh and good luck with the interview/oath tomorrow, of course!!

You are very welcome. Thanks for wishing me luck tomorrow.

I have not called them yet to schedule my appointment. It might mean bad luck LOL. No, seriously. I do not want 'apply' for a U.S. passport (setting up the appointment) before actually becoming an American. You never know how much gov't agencies chat between each other.

Plus, you will not have an issue getting a passport in D.C. if you take care of it right after your oath.

Cheers!

Legal