Baltimore N-400 Timeline

My Interview Experience in Baltimore DO

I had Citizenship interview in Baltimore DO yesterday. Overall every thing went very well. The officer quickly went thro' my application and asked quesitions randomly. In between I took the civic test, reading and writing test.
No other documents was asked. Just the list mentioned in my Interview Letter. The interview lasted less than 15 minutes.

I took the Citizenship Oath at 3.00. pm

Happy US Citizen ..!

Loso, thank you for your reply. I was hoping my wife would get an early reply like u did. Her files had not come thru.

Usenet congratualtions, reaching end of journey and lots of luck for the new journey

Got my Oath Letter

Finally I got my oath letter. Its on Jun 16th. My interview was on Apr 25th, But I had applied for a name change, hence the delay. So it takes about 1.5 months to take the oath if there is a name change and I have to go to the circuit court in Upper Marlboro, MD, whereever that is.

Ramky

i am keeping my finger cross and hoping my interview and oath take place same day... i am little concern...that my interview is at 2pm.. and normally oath are done @ 3pm.. Does anyone had their interview @ 2pm and oath same day?

Baltimore FP Date 4/25/06. No IL yet

I just want to know if there is anyone who had his/her fingerprinting done at the Baltimore DO around 4/25/06 and has received the IL.

I haven't received the IL yet. Just little anxious. It is taking longer than the usual 2-3 week's time.

thanks.

Had my Oath Ceremony Yesterday

Hi All,

I just wanted to let you know I am now an American citizen. I had my oath ceremony yesterday. Everything went well, the experience was the same.

I wish you all good luck.

Loso

loso
congrats...
have you seen anybody are heard where people got Oath done same day... when interview are conducted around 1:30pm thru 2pm?

Re: Baltimore FP Date 4/25/06. No IL yet

Intrepid,

Could you update us once you get your IL? I did FP May 5th but haven't received the IL neither.

Thanks

Re: Baltimore FP Date 4/25/06. No IL yet

I received yesterday the IL. It reinforces the belief that the Baltimore DO processes N-400s very fast.

In order to help others the same way I've been helped (so much) by this forum, here is my timeline:
04-Apr-06 Mailed N-400
06-Apr-06 Priority Date
20-Apr-06 Notice Date
28-Apr-06 Received FP letter
05-May-06 FP (Civics/English test done same day--be prepared!)
03-Jun-06 Received IL
13-Jul-06 Interview @ Baltimore DO

Last edited by a moderator:
Reciedv IL

I received my IL on 5/26/06.

My FP was on 4/25/06. Looks like it is taking more than a month after FP to get your IL.

My interview is on 7/6/06.

Guys, please post your interview experience and any information that might be relevant ( documents and other things that are required).

Thanks.

folks
do i need to carry employment verification letter for my interview?
please advice..
i am getting ready get my papers ready...

Case status not showing up online

Hi all,

Last week, my case stopped showing up on the USCIS online case status inquiry page. ("The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system.") Should I be worried?

kaynags said:
You do not need to be worried, infact be happy, your FP letter is on its way.
Thanks, kaynags! My interview letter showed up in the mail today. Here's my timeline so far:

02/17/06: Fingerprinting at US embassy
02/20/06: Mailed application
03/14/06: Receipt notice received
06/13/06: Received interview letter: 7/25, 11AM