Baltimore N-400 Timeline

Good news and Bad news

guys

My wife and me went for our interviews today.

My Interview: Scheduled at 10.20, I reached at 9.30. They called me in at 10.40. The whole interview lasted all of 10 minutes.

She started with introducing herself and then started on the civics and english test as I had not taken it when I did my FP. She stopped the civics test after 6 questionsas I answered all of them right. she asked me write a sentence and read a sentence.

Then she went over my N400. When she came to the citations part, I told her I had speeding tickets. She asked me if all of them were paid and said that it did not have a bearing on the interview as long as they were paid.

She asked me to sign the N400 and filled up my oath ceremony form and made me sign that too. I finally got my USC and have run the end of the road of immigration. Oath was simple and lasted all of 30 minutes for over 70 people. There were 4 people running the show.

My wife's interview: Scheduled at 10.20 and was called in at 11.30. her interview lasted 10 minutes. She passed the tests and was asked to sign the N400 form. She was given the N652 form with " not able to make a decision".
She was told that that INS did not send the complete file and her computer was not working. All she had was her N400 form. She aslo apologised for the inconvenience and said she has already requested her files and would let her know. Quite naturally my wife was disappointed.

Let me know if you guys have any questions.

Application Received: 3/10/2006
FP Date: 4/10/2006
I/L Received: 5/1/2006
Interview: 6/14/2006 in Baltimore

Intrepid-

I completed my 5 years in Nov last year. Looks like I/L is issued about 2 weeks after the FP. Give about a week for mail processing.

Ram

kaynags (US citizen)

congrats
i wanted congrats for becoming US citizen.
quickly wanted to know what docs they were looking thru.
also what time did oath took place.My interview is at @2:00pm, will you think my oath will be done same day?please advice.
once again congratulations and enjoy as US Citizen
thanks

Congratulations, kaynags!! Too bad about your wife. Oh well - it'll probably just be another couple of weeks for her.

kaynags said:
guys

My wife and me went for our interviews today.

My Interview: Scheduled at 10.20, I reached at 9.30. They called me in at 10.40. The whole interview lasted all of 10 minutes.

She started with introducing herself and then started on the civics and english test as I had not taken it when I did my FP. She stopped the civics test after 6 questionsas I answered all of them right. she asked me write a sentence and read a sentence.

Then she went over my N400. When she came to the citations part, I told her I had speeding tickets. She asked me if all of them were paid and said that it did not have a bearing on the interview as long as they were paid.

She asked me to sign the N400 and filled up my oath ceremony form and made me sign that too. I finally got my USC and have run the end of the road of immigration. Oath was simple and lasted all of 30 minutes for over 70 people. There were 4 people running the show.

My wife's interview: Scheduled at 10.20 and was called in at 11.30. her interview lasted 10 minutes. She passed the tests and was asked to sign the N400 form. She was given the N652 form with " not able to make a decision".
She was told that that INS did not send the complete file and her computer was not working. All she had was her N400 form. She aslo apologised for the inconvenience and said she has already requested her files and would let her know. Quite naturally my wife was disappointed.

Let me know if you guys have any questions.

kaynags (US citizen)

congrats
i wanted congrats for becoming US citizen.
quickly wanted to know what docs they were looking thru.
also what time did oath took place.My interview is at @2:00pm, will you think my oath will be done same day?please advice.
once again congratulations and enjoy as US Citizen
thanks

Thank you for your wishes guys. Jihuzur, they just looked at the N400 application when they were talking to me. She quickly went thru the N400 and made me sign(not my normal sign, but my first name and last name) on the N400. Then she asked me if I wanted to attend the Oath that afternoon.
The oath starts at 3.00 suppposedly on the 7 th floor. They ask us to sit on in room 101 and then a person comes and takes us to 7th floor by elevator.

In my case the Oatrh started at 3.15 but I was out within 30 minutes. Jihuzur, if your officer is quick , they might be able to accomodate you that afternoon. Ofcourse, I am not saying this out of knowledge. I am assuming they can do it. The certificate is nice, but its also a generic one with fill in the blanks which a computer can do quickly. So its entirely possible that they can finish your IV and call you the that afternoon. Just go an hour or two ahead of time and they might IV you earlier.

kaynags
thanks for the info... i will be there around 1230pm... and see if i get lucky to be get interviewed early.
thanks
jihuzur

I received my oath letter

Hi all,
I just want to inform you that I recieved my oath letter yesterday(05/05/06).The letter just said I should to report on 05/22/06 @ 3:pM at the Baltimore DO.

Had my interview on 04/27/06 ,although I had everything required of me, at the end of the interview the results were (i) I have pass the English and civic test and (ii) a written decision would be mailed to me.She then told me I would hear from them in 100 days. Exactly one week after my interview they sent me my oath letter.

I wish all of you going through the process good luck.

02/06/06 Mailed N400 to VSC
02/06/06 Notice date
02/08/06 Received receipt.
03/06/06 FP letter
03/15/06 FP appt. Baltimore
03/27/06 Received IL
04/27/06 Interview Baltimore @ 2.40pm
05/22/06 Oath ceremony @ 3:00PM

Loso
Congrats. My wife went thru the same situation as yours and I am hoping she gets a speedy answer like you did. BTW, do you remember the name of your officer? was it Ms Grigoli?

Interview Letter

The notice for fingerprininting says that if you can't make it to the fingerprinting office on the given date and time, you can go on any following Wednesday.

Is the same thing mentioned in the interview letter ?

loso
my interview is @ 2pm... do you think i can make it to 3pm Oath on same day? kaynags advice me to go early... i am going to do that...

Interview letter

JiHuzur:

I wanted to check if the same thing is mentioned in the Interview letter or Interview notice ?

If you miss your interview for some reason, can you go to the district office on any following Wednesday ?

Thanks

Intrepid
FP is different from the Interview. You may miss the FP appointment as they accomodate missed appointments easily.

Please try not missing your interview appointment. As it is, its a hassle dealing with INS. Just go on the date and finish your Interview.

To Answer your question IL does not say the same thing as FPL.

Anyone with FP done in the last week of april

My FP was done on 4/25/06. I haven't received my IL yet.

I just want to know if there is anyone else who had his fingerprinting done about 2 weeks ago and have received Interview Letter .

thanks,

Hi Jihuzur!

My interview appointment was at 2:40 PM and I got there around 12:00 PM but I was not call untill around 3:45 PM.

If you to go there ealy, who knows, they might call you in before 2:00PM. I think their cut off point for the 3:00 PM oath ceremony is 2:15PM.

Even if you do not get the same day oath ceremony,they will schedule you for one within one week.That is what happened to me. You don't have to worry so far as you have everything they need.

I wish you best of luck.

02/06/06 Mailed N400 to VSC
02/06/06 Notice date
02/08/06 Received receipt.
03/06/06 FP letter
03/15/06 FP appt. Baltimore
03/27/06 Received IL
04/27/06 Interview Baltimore @ 2.40pm
05/22/06 Oath ceremony @ 3:00PM

Last edited by a moderator:
loso
thanks for the info... but it took about a month for you after interview, though you got letter for oath in a week..

Another Baltimore timeline

Greetings! New to the forum, and thought people might be interested to see my Baltimore timeline. Seems consistent with others posted here.

Priority: 3/8/06
Fingerprint: 4/19/06
Interview: 6/23/06

So far, has been the same for both myself and my wife.
boatbod.