Baltimore - My interview s in one week

mayfletcher

Registered Users (C)
I applied in July had fingerprints in Dec. I will have my interview in one week in Baltimore. Can someone tell their recent experience there. What exactly step by step can I expect.

Also:
I want to also know about the questions from the test I am studying, how was ths done. My first language is English so do I also have to do a written test as well. I am single, divorced going there.
thanks

I applied in July had fingerprints in Dec. I will have my interview in one week in Baltimore. Can someone tell their recent experience there. What exactly step by step can I expect.

Also:
I want to also know about the questions from the test I am studying, how was ths done. My first language is English so do I also have to do a written test as well. I am single, divorced going there.
thanks

I can't answer for Baltimore interview experience, but as for the studying for the naturalization exam at the interview you can go to the USCIS website to practice..

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.010cab8025677e19631ef89b843f6d1a/?vgnextoid=9ff98424f8304110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD&vgnextchannel=9ff98424f8304110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD

Thanks...I have the book and CD to practice the questions I was just wondering how they did it at the interview.

Thanks...I have the book and CD to practice the questions I was just wondering how they did it at the interview.

They will ask you 6-10 questions from the 100 test questions and also ask you to write a simple sentence. That's all to it. Good luck!!

thanks..Bobsmth

still would like someone to give info re their recent experience there. What exactly step by step can I expect.

Interview experiences are pretty much the same at all DOs..some IOs may have their own touch, but the basics are the same.

Hi MaryFletcher,

Please post your experience next week on the "Baltimore N-400 and Regression Timeline" thread.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=163811&page=39

We have a group of people from Baltimore who have been following the N-400 progress. When do you have your interview? Is it on a weekend or afternoon/evening?

From what I know, the procedure is slightly different depending on what time your interview is scheduled for. My interview is on May 3, so just a week after yours. I've spoken to some people who had their interview on April 5.

What I'm told is that the process involves:

1. Signing in at the office when you get in.
2. Officer calling your name
3. Going through the documents you brought with you
4. Repeating the checklist for any changes (foreign travel, criminal acts)
5. Giving you 6-10 civic questions (usually start with 6, if you get all right, they stop, if not they keep going until you can get 6/10 right).
6. Asking you to sign your photos and the application. YOU'RE DONE!!!

7. When you're done, if you have a morning interview you will be told to hang out until 3pm for the oath ceremony. If you have a weekend interview you will be sent to another waiting area where your name will be called and you will be asked to pick a date for the oath ceremony.

If you have any more questions -- please post it on our Baltimore thread. I'm sure many of them can answer your questions.