Baltimore local transfer list

Re: passport not stamped

Did she ask you to wait for the Visa ...Because when i went there
last year for my gc they asked me to wait for one hour - they access some info from Vermont Office.
And after 40 minutes she stamped my pasport ..
All your papers were fine and correct ...

Rgds,
NICK-I485

re: not stamped

The officer said something like that she need to check with local labor departnment and unemployement benifit. I did not understand much.

However, she did say that everything else looks good and I should hear from them in week or so.

what_happen

re: not stamped

what_happen,
I was looking about YOUR details but could not find .
- Were you working with same employer who filed yr Labour.
- Did you switch to another employer.
- Were you not working or getting un employment insurance generally they do not check UI.

Rgds,
NICK-I485

Had my interview, but no stamping

Hi all,

Well, today it was my turn to have my interview in Baltimore. I suppose that it went okay. It could have been better, but it could have been a lot worse.

I was interviewed by Officer "F", but I suspect that this designation could apply to any number of officers, depending on the day and time of the interview.

She was very nice - professional and to-the-point. She didn't ask me much at all about my job, just whether I was still employed by the same company and what sort of work I did. She asked me to verify a bunch of things, like social security number, date of birth - the sort of things to make sure that I answered the same as was written on the forms.

I had to present my passport, I-94, EAD, driving licence, the letter from my employer, W2s, tax returns and pay stubs. She did not ask to see my birth certificate, advance parole, employer financial statements or anything else that I can remember. I left with her the letter from my employer and copies of my tax returns, pay stubs, and (I think) the W2s.

I think that she appreciated the fact that I had all the documents to hand and also had copies of everything.

I had to sign and fingerprint some form and was told that I was approved....BUT I couldn't get my passport stamped because the file she had didn't contain my original I-140. She said that it was still up in Vermont and wasn't transferred with the rest of my documents. It was something completely out of my control. She said that she had requested the I-140, but I couldn't stamp the passport until it arrived. I had the original approval notice of the I-140 and a copy of the complete filing...but it wasn't enough. When the officer receives the I-140 from the VSC I will receive a note to come into the Baltimore office during regular business hours (no appointment necessary) and I can get the passport stamped then.

So, I'm very pleased that I have been approved, but had hoped to end the day with a stamp in my passport. Never mind, just a few more weeks to wait...hopefully...

Interview on 10/23. Stamped.

Hi All.

We had our interview. We had our attorney with us, (paid for by company).

Took only 10-15 minutes, then we were asked to wait for around 45 minutes for something called IV number from the Dept of State.
After the 40 minutes she called us and gave us our stamped passports.

So i guess it was not too bad for us. Our attorney had all our papers with here in a big fat folder. And we had our big fat folder too.

All the best for everyone.

Cheers

plastic card question

Guys,
What is waiting period after aproval for plastic card.
Stamped last week in balt'e
Help appriciatred.

Thanks,
Gcsept18

Need To Wait A Week For Approval

Hi Folkz,

Went for the interview yesterday. Officer "C". She checked my documents. She didn't need much as I had it already in my file.

Presented copies of the latest tax return (2001) and pay stub's. The rest were available in the application.

My application involved a transfer of labor from a previous employee and she said she need to cross check on the same and let me know in a weeks time.

Also, I received a FP REDO on my case and the glenmont office didn't allow me to go thru it again. They said they are going to send a reply to that. I asked the officer she said she didn't receive anything on that. But, the officer said the FP's done before were ok and said I am not sure why they sent you the REDO.

I wish I can hear it at the earliest.

JumboFun

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Interview on 10/23. Stamped.

How much charged your attorney ...Were there a waiting time and
Who was your Immg. officer.
Can you please send your attorney contact number

NICK-I485

approval notice arrived

Guys,

We had interview at baltimore and the officer did not stamped our passport. She said she need to check something before approving it.

Today, after one day, we, both my wife & me, received approval notice. It does not make any sense!

So, anyone of you are in the same boat, do not worry! Looks like it was only a formality!

All the best for all of you.

What_happen

approved

We had our interview today with Officer F.

She asked for the regular documents - Employment letter, EAD, AP, W2, paystubs.

Since I had a birth certificate issued recently ( within 3 years ), she asked for another document which shows my birth date. I had my Xth marksheet which had the birth date. She was satisfied with that.

We had our fingerprints taken and immediately she stamped our passport. By the way, we had our 11 month old baby with us ( who was born here ). Nobody complained.

NIC-I485

Hi NIC-I485.

Our attorney is employed by the company that sponsered my GC. Not sure about the cost. Also the attorney only works on company's cases, i.e. no outside clients.

Cheers

Re: Need To Wait A Week For Approval

Originally posted by JumboFun
Hi Folkz,

Went for the interview yesterday. Officer "C". She checked my documents. She didn't need much as I had it already in my file.

Presented copies of the latest tax return (2001) and pay stub's. The rest were available in the application.

My application involved a transfer of labor from a previous employee and she said she need to cross check on the same and let me know in a weeks time.

Also, I received a FP REDO on my case and the glenmont office didn't allow me to go thru it again. They said they are going to send a reply to that. I asked the officer she said she didn't receive anything on that. But, the officer said the FP's done before were ok and said I am not sure why they sent you the REDO.

JumboFun

Re: Need To Wait A Week For Approval

Hi,
I am also in the same boat as you.
I had my interview on October 24 with officer C.
She told me that she wants to verify and get back within a week.
Mine was a pretty straight forward case without any change
in the employer.

So far i haven't heard anything. Did you hear anything from them?
Let me know if you hear anything.
Thanks..

Hi Folkz,

JumboFun

Received Approval In A Week

Hi Folkz,

I was so happy to receive the approval notice yesterday.

I went for stamping today. I was surprised to see that the response has come within a weeks time as promised.

I would like to thank the forum for giving me useful information and wish good luck to all those folkz who are waiting.

MD1024 don't worry you will hear from them within a weeks time.

Jumbo Fun
:)

Re: Received Approval In A Week

Hi Folkz,

I was so happy to receive the approval notice yesterday.

I went for stamping today. I was surprised to see that the response has come within a weeks time as promised.

I would like to thank the forum for giving me useful information and wish good luck to all those folkz who are waiting.

MD1024 don't worry you will hear from them within a weeks time.

Jumbo Fun
:)

Hi,
yesterday, I recieved mine too
thanks.

Marriage based GC approved

Passport Stamped on 29 October:

I went for interview with Officer G (chunku) . He was very nice to us . Just he saw my Federal Tax Return and Bank Statement. And stamped my spouse's passport.

Good luck to all of you and hope everybody will get it soon.

Rgds,
NIC-I485

By God's grace APPROVED FINALLY!!!!!!

By God's grace mine and my family members interview went smoothly today and were stamped immeidately. I thank all of the members who have kept me posted with their developments.

Thanks

485 canceled after approval and stamping

Guys,

A friend of mine, who got 485 was approved in early Oct 2002 (passport stamped) after an interview(at Baltimore) just received a letter from Vermont saying that her 485 approval is CANCELED.

She never changed her job and so far everything had gone smoothly. What are the worse case scenario for her? do you think it is just a simple mistask on INS part? any idea where she should start from? Her lawyer does not seem that cooperative.

Hope hear from you.

What