Baltimore local transfer list

FP Issue

Hello Everybody,

I received the letter from INS to redo the FP, dated Sep 11th received Sep 14th. I did my FP at Glenmont in the fourth week of April.

I went to Glenmont today and enquired them about the same and they told me that the FP done before were good and I don't need to redo them again. They said they will respond to the letter from INS.

I am more confused now !!!

Jumbo Fun

:confused:

info..

You are welcome RD0915...
1. Three-months was her regular answer first, but then when I explained that TD with 08/05 have already got their TD schedule, she did not have a good answer for me.
2. Secondly, the counter I visited, the lady did not know that they will not conduct interviews in first half of OCT !!!
When I asked if they will not conduct interviews in OCT, the lady in the next counter heard me and told the lady in my counter, that yes, they are not going to conduct interviews in first half of OCT -- they did not know the reason !!
3. One thing I missed to ask -- if they still will send letters for scheduling, e.g giving dates for third/fourth week of OCT.

Now, one thing the lady told me first -- "we schedule/conduct interviews within 3 months of TD", that does mean we (08/06-08/09) can expect to have interviews conducted/scheduled worst case by (11/06 - 11/09) as 485NOHope mentioned :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

FP Re-do

JumboFun,
I personally would check with Baltimore office. One of the guys was planning to go to Baltimore re: the same issue. Let's see if he has any info to share after his trip.

So far we have 4 people who we asked to re-do FP:
JumboFun - TD 08/08; FP Re-do letter 09/14
maancert0921 - same
what_happen - same
pendit - same

Visited altimore, FP Redo, Maybe some Good New

Hi all.

Visited Baltimore and redid the FP as requested.

Queued up for Interview date question, and the attendant said that my interview will be in late October. She was so sure she even wrote it on my transfer notice.

FP redo, according to FP officer, the reason "may be" when we did the previous FP, we used the "Representative's copy" of the FP notice. We certainly did, as the ones we have say "Applicant's Copy." Our Lawyer sent us their copies and we used them :)

Pendit,
I asked re EAD and she immediately told me that I have to do it in Vermont.

ACCORDING TO THE OFFICER WHO TOLD ME ABOUT THE INTERVIEW TIMELINE, THE FP REDO HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR INTERVIEW SCHEDULE DATE. IT WOULD ONLY DELAY YOU OBVIOUSLY IF YOU HAVE NOT RE-DONE IT BY INTERVIEW DATE.

Guys, i think we are on the right track. Let's hope for the best.

Cheers

Let's wait and be patient

Let's wait for a few of days and be patient when we open the mailbox. TD=8/7

thanks

Thanks a lot for wnqqnw and maancert0921 for taking the initiative. Looks like we are showed towards the end of Oct

FP check

Hello, Guys,

It has been two days since I did my second FP. Is there anyway whether the FP is good this time?

Please share information you have.
thanks
What

Approved

Our cases - spouse, child and mine got approved on Sept 17th 02 at the interview in Baltimore.

I will post the details in the other thread - Maryland interview share your experience....

Thanks,
teleks

our case got approved

Could not update the other thread, some problem...

History of case:

Joined Company A in feb 2000. Company A sponsored GC, started labor in 2000 Nov.
Joined company B in april 2001. Labor got approved in June 2001. Asked company A to continue process, and I-140 filed in august, approved on Oct 1st 2001 (45 days !)

Meanwhile got laid off in company B in Dec 2001, and joined company A in Feb 2002. Filed for 485 in Feb 2002. Case transferred on Aug 05/02, interview on Sept 17/02.

Interview experience:

The lady officer was very sharp, she went through every document in detail and wanted to see the originals of all the copies she had - like birth certificate, marriage certificate, Degree certificate (so take this with you), tax documents, W2 etc.
She wanted my employer's tax docs also. I had all that with me.

My 2001 W2 had company B's name and she asked me about that. I told her that I worked for company B for a short while and that I am back with my current employer. She asked me if I had a letter from company B, I said - No. She was Ok with that.

She asked me to tell my company name and asked for the location, and the job I do for them - I gave a short description. When I said it was in NJ, she wanted to know where I worked here - the client's name. And she asked me again what I would say when somebody asked me - where do you work ? Will I say the client's name or the employer's name ? I said employer's name.

On the whole she seemed to be a tough person. Finally she said she was going to approve the case.

My advice to you all is to take all documents that you think might be relevant. I added my degree and mark lists to the file in the last minute.

And make sure you know the dates where and when you worked, because she was looking into my experience letters from my home country and was asking me the company names, and how long I worked there.

I would say she was doing her job well !

All the best to all of you.

Thanks,
teleks

Baltimore LOcal INS Contact Number

Hello Folkz,

Can anybody give me a phone number to contact local ins office about the status of my application.

JumboFun

Congrats teleks

I am really frustruated with this process. Mine RD is 9/18 and still no interview letter. This is really sucks.
Now a days VSC processing pretty fast.
God knows whats going on in INS balt office.

Gcsept18

JumboFun,
I don't think there's any number available. The best way is to go in person.

As for the ID dates, if we are not going to be interviewed until the end of October, the letters will probably arrive in the middle of October. So there's another month to go.

absolutely

absolutely RD0915, provided Baltimore keeps working on scheduling & sending the interview letters (even when they are not interviewing people in the first half of OCT).

To Yu

Great! Yu, you are the man.

It is hard for me to believe it is true, but it really happens!

BTW, when Baltimore send out the notice and when you got it?

asj and gc_2000, would you please check with your friend to see whether they got it.

thanks,

Last edited by a moderator: