Baltimore Interview

Rathor Chaudari

Registered Users (C)
I had my interview scheduled at Balitmore INS at 10:45 AM today. My wife and I got our passport stamped by 12:05 PM. The interviewer wanted to verify Birth cerificate, employment, and other immigration papers like EAD, I-94 etc. My case was pretty straightforward----no RFE, no second or third fingerprint...no nothing to make it complicated. I strongly suggest you guys that if you have a degree from US, bring (or \'take\' in otherwise spoken English) that along with you. That really helps in some cases. If your I-140 was not sent to you home country, and if you did not have any problem in the past with your fingerprint you should have absolutely no problem in the interview. There is no point going there early. We reached there at 9:30 and submitted our paper by 9:35, they still called us at 10:55 AM. EMPLOYMENT LETTER IS A MUST.

Congrats !!

Best Wishes for your life as an Immigrant. Thanks for your post Rathor Chaudari

-GC4VP

Emp Letter

Emp letter should only mention that you are currently working and it should also mention your start date with the company. Make sure that you have the same job title in the letter (like software engineer, system analyst, system engineer) as in your labor and I-140. That\'s pretty much it!

thanks! one more question

On my I-140 the salary has mentioned about 68,000 now i\'m receving
72000 whicn one i have to go for it; any input appriciated

Baltimore interview experience

I had my interview today at Baltimore and I was informed by the immigration officer that she cannot stamp my passport because she did not have my I-140 documents. She said it would take 30 days to request documents from VSC and issue the approval notice. My only problem is that she took the I-94 attached to my passport as soon as we started the interview. I was a bit distracted with the whole I-140 situation and did not ask for the I-94 to be re-attached to my passport. Are there potential problems leaving the country now ?? Does anyone know if one can travel with a duplicate I-94 ??

same problem here

Samething happened to me. I asked her what should I do If I want to leave the country. She said apply AP. I am also waiting for my I140

No Title

What was your original handle in this forum?

AS long as I-94 is with INS should not be a problem. you will definitely need your H/L/O visa or AP to travel

Hey

I would talk to a IIO or speak with an attorney. This may sound like a idiotic suggestion but you can go back to the office and speak to the Officer. By talking to the officer you will make her feel responsible for you. Above all I would urge you to stay calm, I would say you are fine.

One other question dude, what did your AVM message say on approval??

Take Care